Cannot add two Axis IP cameras to Tigersecu DVR

JPercival

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there. I am taking over an abandoned project at a new job of mine. The previous IT person is no longer here and I am trying to get an non-functional system working again with hardware that this place has laying around.

I have 2 Axis cameras (one Axis P3215-VE and one Axis P1427-LE) that are installed and functional. I am am aware of the logon to both cameras and can see a broadcast when firing up the IP address in a web browser. I can not for the life of me get a 16 channel Tigersecu 402 Series DVR to "log in" or see the video from these cameras. I tried all of the ports that I could find (80 being the first one) as being utilized in any of the camera sub-menus, but I am stuck. This is a closed network with static IPs used for the 2 cameras and the DVR. No internet access is available on this particular network. It is simply a switch, 2 cameras, and the DVR.

Cam 1: 10.10.1.78 (logon known, can see video in browser)
Cam 2: 10.10.1.77 (logon known, can see video in browser)
DVR: 10.10.1.80

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you provided the wrong model number, my Google Fu says that DVR is strictly for analog camera, not IP cameras as are both Axis models which specs state are ONVIF-S and -G profiles, respectively.

IMO, you need either a ONVIF-compatible NVR or Blue Iris VMS software on a PC that meets the specs (my preference).

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can not for the life of me get a 16 channel Tigersecu 402 Series DVR to "log in" or see the video from these cameras.
What connection protocols if any does the DVR have available when connecting an IP mode camera?
The user manual has no information on how to connect IP cameras, apart from a statement that 'not all IP cameras are compatible'.

As the Axis camera does not appear to support ONVIF, I'd guess that the only option to try would be RTSP on port 554.
**edit** @TonyR is correct - they do support ONVIF. I didn't look at the spec closely enough.
You could verify if the cameras provide an RTSP stream using a player such as VLC.

It may be of course that the cameras are simply not compatible with the DVR.

Last edited: