Cannot Clone Camera and set to not record

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am slowly working through the same lessons many have learned when first getting BI setup and running for the first time. After dealing with too many motion alerts, I have decided to setup a clone of my cameras so I can have one that is setup for alerts and the clone to record at a higher motion sensitivity. However, I am having issues getting the settings to stick. I have cloned the cameras just fine, but when I go to the camera properties > record to uncheck the video box and then save/close the settings I find the settings do not stick. I can open the properties window right after and look on the record page and the video box is checked again. I have unchecked it on all of my profiles for this one camera and somehow they are revert to recording video.

I am hoping I am just making a bone head mistake here, but I cannot get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am slowly working through the same lessons many have learned when first getting BI setup and running for the first time. After dealing with too many motion alerts, I have decided to setup a clone of my cameras so I can have one that is setup for alerts and the clone to record at a higher motion sensitivity. However, I am having issues getting the settings to stick. I have cloned the cameras just fine, but when I go to the camera properties > record to uncheck the video box and then save/close the settings I find the settings do not stick. I can open the properties window right after and look on the record page and the video box is checked again. I have unchecked it on all of my profiles for this one camera and somehow they are revert to recording video.

I am hoping I am just making a bone head mistake here, but I cannot get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum. Seems like this is a bug in the latest release - it actually defaults back to "when triggered" regardless of what is selected in the dropdown... It has nothing to do with cloning. I was not able to uncheck video...you can report it to the developer...in the interim, simply disable motion detection and/or any other triggers you may have setup and it will have the same effect.

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Seems like this is a bug in the latest release - it actually defaults back to "when triggered" regardless of what is selected in the dropdown... It has nothing to do with cloning. I was not able to uncheck video...you can report it to the developer...in the interim, simply disable motion detection and/or any other triggers you may have setup and it will have the same effect.
What is the best method for reporting it to the developer? How long do bugs typically last for before they can get to them?

Disabling the motion detection or any other triggers will make it so it does not record unless I put it in continuous. I was looking to record on motion only, but more sensitive than my alerts setup.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jdvaughn For the workaround I meant disabling the triggers on the cloned cameras only...the result would be the same as disabling the recording as there would be no triggers. Your camera set for recording will not be affected.

http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/
The developer is just one guy who does it all. He is VERY responsive to issues and bugs typically dont last more than a day or two. If you have old update files you can simply revert back. Its important to disable auto update and only update once a new patch has been out for a few days.