Cannot connect IP camera

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Jennov-P31 Cam H Series that I cannot get to connect to any of my software. I have run the app AJcloud to install it but it will not connect to anything but my phone. Some of the software will find it's IP address but cannot connect to it. IP Cam Viewer, Onvif device manager, Angry IP Scanner, all find the IP but can't connect to it. In Angry IP scanner it comes up with this code- HTTP,403 Forbidden (Boa HTTPd 0.94.13). But it does ping it ok. I have four other cameras that all work fine. My main software that I use is Blue Iris. I do realize this is NOT top of the line camera but, it is brand new and should work.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It may have a non-standard number for the HTTP port which is generally 80 (or left blank).
Install Fing on your smartphone, get on your LAN via Wi-Fi with the phone OR install the desktop version on your PC that you said can ping it OK.
Run Fing, find the cam, do a port scan and see what it says for HTTP and RTSP.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you I will try that. This is what it says in the camera app on the phone,-RSTP-554- Onvif- 8899

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not an IPv6 thing - you don't need that to connect to the camera. Have you tried connecting to ? I am assuming your PC is also on the 192.168.2.X network

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I have tried that and yes my router is 192.168.2.X . Like I said before I do have four other cameras all connected and working fine that I have installed, they all have had an ethernet connected to them to set up their cameras along with the phone app. This one only has the power cable and everything has to be done through the AJcloud app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could it be that camera is non-ONVIF compliant and uses proprietary firmware that can only work in their app?

Just like you can't pull Ring or Arlo into BI.

Many of the consumer or lower grade stuff uses proprietary firmware that only works in their systems.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It tells you in the app how to connect it to your router so I assume it will. If I find out it won't I will return it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well it is a wifi camera so it has to be connected to your router, but that doesn't mean it can be used in other apps.

I am leaning towards it is a proprietary software and won't work with others.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well it seems you are correct, I should have researched it better. I will be returning it for a real IP Camera! This is a question and answer from the order page on Amazon, Thank you everyone for the help.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From amazon Q & A's:

Q: Will these Jennov cameras work with Blue Iris?
A: No, this jennov camera shave rtsp,but need use the Cloudedge App
By Yingqing Wang in the United States on July 17, 2022

FWIW, the answer was supplied by the vendor.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.