Cannot connect remotely with any release later than Ver. 4.5.7.2

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been having a problem with BI for almost a year now and am starting to get disappointed with not finding a solution.

Update 4.5.7.2 has been the last version where I can view my cameras remotely via BI on my android phone

Ever since, upgrading to a newer release prevents me (totally) from being able to access my cams on my phone.

Now, with release 4.7.4.4 I can log in and see my cameras remotely only after 4 to 6 attempts of connecting. This happens every time I try to connect remotely via phone to my cams.

I have a copy of the older (working) version of BI v4.5.72. All I have to do is overwrite the new release with the old directory and all works flawlessly. No other changes period.

This has been going on for almost a year now, and while the older version works fine, I want to upgrade cams and do not want to miss on any of the new features.

I have emailed BI and have had no response 4 + months ago. The only variable in this problematic equation is a new BI release installed. Anything other than 4.5.7.2 does not work.

Am I missing a change that I have to make with the newer releases. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BI on my S7. Created a new account in BI. Nothing makes it work in the newer versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been having a problem with BI for almost a year now and am starting to get disappointed with not finding a solution.

Update 4.5.7.2 has been the last version where I can view my cameras remotely via BI on my android phone

Ever since, upgrading to a newer release prevents me (totally) from being able to access my cams on my phone.

Now, with release 4.7.4.4 I can log in and see my cameras remotely only after 4 to 6 attempts of connecting. This happens every time I try to connect remotely via phone to my cams.

I have a copy of the older (working) version of BI v4.5.72. All I have to do is overwrite the new release with the old directory and all works flawlessly. No other changes period.

This has been going on for almost a year now, and while the older version works fine, I want to upgrade cams and do not want to miss on any of the new features.

I have emailed BI and have had no response 4 + months ago. The only variable in this problematic equation is a new BI release installed. Anything other than 4.5.7.2 does not work.

Am I missing a change that I have to make with the newer releases. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BI on my S7. Created a new account in BI. Nothing makes it work in the newer versions.

Any help would be appreciated.
As far as email support, your support is likely expired.
With respect to connecting, it has nothing to do with the version..it works for others. What ddns service are you using?

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, what you say makes sense. I think I want to go the VPN route before exploring anything else.