Cannot enable sound on Hikivision camera with built in mic

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wubaluva

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue here with DS-2CD2443G0-IW however I enabled the options mentioned in this post (I followed this guide: ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/How%20to/How%20to%20set%20audio%20live%20view%20and%20playback.pdf) and I'm still having the same problem - "audio on failed" when I try to enable the volue slider on the web GUI. I've tried rebooting the camera following the changes and also tried a different audio codec and different video quality and bitrate settings, nothing has worked for me.

wubaluva

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got some support from the vendor that sold me this camera and I've sorted my issue now.

So, for anyone experiencing a similar problem here's something else to check.

Within the video/audio configuration menu where you need to set the 'video type' to video&audio remember that you must do this for both the main-stream and the sub-stream. Seems odd since I would assume I'm only interested in the main stream if I'm playing back in the webgui but there we are, fixed my problem!

Reaction score
thanks alot wubaluva! You are 100% right, you need to change video and audio for both streams!!!