Cannot open BI

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I am receiving an error, the one in the picture. It wont even let me open the application locally. I haven't changed anything and I have waited more than 60 min to try again.
Help getting back in would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have, several times. None of the 3 users have access either. I have waited several hours at one point as well.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using the infamous Roku app? I've only seen this error when I was unfortunately using the app in Roku.

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
No. just accessing through the official iOS app, the webpage and the server. The server is headless, but when i need to access it i remote into it. That pic is what i get locally on the server itself.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried to reboot the PC and the iOS devices, too? If you can get into the program later, try looking at the WebServer tab, 'Advanced' button, and the 'Limit Logins' value, and maybe boost it to 10.

Also, look in the log file (The graph icon at the top, then the Messages tab, and 'View Log') and look for lines which start with '10' as those are the login markers in the log file.

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have rebooted everything. That error is when I click on BI to open it, the error appears then the app closes. It will not even open. I cannot get to the preferences.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully someone here will assist you. If you have previously exported and saved the REG file and have the product key then you could try to uninstall and reinstall. Or the support address is 'support@blueirissoftware.com'.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud. Unplug the Ethernet cable, reboot the PC and then you get the same error?

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud. Unplug the Ethernet cable, reboot the PC and then you get the same error?
Didn't work. Does someone know where exactly in the registry the keys are for the user login limits or attempts?

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
So I fixed it, by locating the proper registry key, which had an entry of 1. the default entry is 99. I also noticed the key for attempts had an entry of 0 when it should be 5. once the entries were fixed, reboot and everything is good. Not sure what caused these to change over night last night, but good to know how to fix now.