Cannot record anymore...

CvT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using Blue Iris for over a year and love it, but lately it started to stop recording video streams intermittently and now I cannot get it to record anymore, which is costing me a lot of time troubleshooting.

My general setup is:

• A dedicated i5 quadcore Windows 10 computer with SSD main drive (database & temp)
  • A USB3 harddrive for storage (new, stored & alerts)
  • Blue Iris latest version for recording and remote access
  • Sighthound for motion detection which triggers Blue Iris via json commands
  • The detection and triggering work fine with the whole system using around 50% CPU with all feeds

All Blue Iris cameras (9 HD feeds, FOSCAM FI9900P’s) show up fine in Blue Iris in 1080 at 5 FPS. On all camera the RECORD is set on triggered+periodic each 2secs for just one frame (0.0) with a pre-trigger buffer of 6sec.

It only records the first stream it connects to and not the others. If I disable all cameras an then re-enable them it will only record the first enabled stream, whichever camera I choose. But sometimes it also doesn’t record anything.

In the timeline display it will show the start of the recording but stops straight away thereafter. When I try to playback any file it says “unable to open file: 80000002”.

I have rebuild the database, changed RECORD to continuous or any other recording mode, reinstalled Blue Iris, disabled/enabled hardware decoding, deleted/added cameras, changed new/stored/alert locations to others disks, changed from direct-to-disk to re-encode, changed from BVR to MP4, but nothing seems to help and cannot record anything anymore!

I run Blue Iris with administrator rights and problems arise both when running as a service or in app mode.

Also checked the read/write rights to all disks involved and all users have all rights to those folders as far I can see/know.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?
Any help is appreciated, Thx :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@CvT Understand that triggered+periodic is NOT to be used for general recording....what are you using this for?
if using mp4 you must install a codec..dont use mp4, you will not be able to view a file until its closed.
unable to open file: 80000002
try recording to a local drive..

CvT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,

Thx for the reply.
I liked the triggered+periodic mode since it creates video files that are easy to scan through and of limited size, but the problem arises in all recording modes (continuous, triggered etc).
The recordings use the BVR format on a local USB3 drive, but I tried saving to the C:\ drive to see if that would solve the issue, but it doesn't.

Thank you for the tips, but it doesn't solve the weird situation. Personally I think it has to do with how either BI or Win10 handles the opening of the BVR files, maybe a rights issue, but I have already put all users to full access on my drives to see if that would help, but unfortunately it doesn't.