Cannot reset Foscam R2 IP Camera

Reaction score
I can no longer access my R2 camera via WiFi ... I can see it w. IP scanner, but cannot access it via direct ethernet cable using that IP:port ...

Decided to reset it, but no matter how long I hold down the WPS/Reset button the power light only flickers once (supposed to flash every 0.4 sec. per the manual) and the camera never resets .. whether or not the ethernet cable is plugged in during or after the reset ...

Suggestions other than the trash bin?

Reaction score
I can no longer access my R2 camera via WiFi ... I can see it w. IP scanner, but cannot access it via direct ethernet cable using that IP:port ...

Decided to reset it, but no matter how long I hold down the WPS/Reset button the power light only flickers once (supposed to flash every 0.4 sec. per the manual) and the camera never resets .. whether or not the ethernet cable is plugged in during or after the reset ...

Suggestions other than the trash bin?
I've had this problem with an older FI9821 before. The reset switch is probably detached from the printed circuit board. A touch-up with a fine-tipped soldering iron will likely fix it.

Reaction score
I've had this problem with an older FI9821 before. The reset switch is probably detached from the printed circuit board. A touch-up with a fine-tipped soldering iron will likely fix it.
Don't think that is the problem. Have a brand new R2 and when I plug it in w. the ethernet cable plugged in I get a message "wired connection complete" or something like that" .. no message on the other R2 ... BUT I cannot access the new R2 via the browser either .. . seems there's a problem w. Sierra ... Grrrrrr. Really fed up with all the problems w. iPCams !!

Reaction score
Foscam R2 Serial Console Port.png
Don't think that is the problem. Have a brand new R2 and when I plug it in w. the ethernet cable plugged in I get a message "wired connection complete" or something like that" .. no message on the other R2 ... BUT I cannot access the new R2 via the browser either .. . seems there's a problem w. Sierra ... Grrrrrr. Really fed up with all the problems w. iPCams !!
I just ordered my first Hikvision 'cube' camera last night. I've used Foscam C1 720p cameras indoors for a few years now, and didn't feel the quality of the Foscam C2 demanded its higher price. A co-worker just setup his first R2 last night, and has been pleased, so far. But I'm now getting away from the Foscams altogether. The C1s have been extremely reliable performers, but they're getting retired.

If you have a USB-to-Serial cable, you might open the bottom of the camera and attach to the serial port to see what's happening. Pictures of the internals are available.

Last edited:

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can no longer access my R2 camera via WiFi ... I can see it w. IP scanner, but cannot access it via direct ethernet cable using that IP port ...
I'm guessing you've moved on from that above scenario, but for others that come behind, there's a chance the TCP port changed. A "TCP port" is like a employee's extension when you call an office's main number. In the event that might be the case, here's a free port scanner that I have downloaded and virus-scanned with very capable a/v package (not naming it, as I don't want to detract from this conversation :) ).

Advanced Port Scanner – free and fast port scanner

Here's a screenshot of the output when I had it run against one of my factory-defaulted Foscam.

Attachments