Cannot retrieve picture from Android on new camera

kukstern

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
On my new camera DS-2CD2365FWD-I I am not able to retrieve the image from the app IP Cam Viewer on my Android. It's working on my other Hikvision camera, and I have compared all settings - I think :)
Any suggestions where to look for the right settings?

I have also tried to install the app Hik-Connect, but not sure if it's working without setting up Hik-Connect on the camera - the error is Device is offline.
If it for some reason is the app which is causing the problems, because of unknown camera model - can you then recommend a good one?

/Kennet

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it work on the android on wifi at home ?
Can you access the camera at home using a PC or Mac ?
can you access the camera on the local network using SADP ?

kukstern

n3wb
Reaction score
Still only using it internally, and Android is on same network and when I port test it from the Android it says the port is open.
From a PC it's not a problem, and I can also open and login from a browser on the mobile.

I have just installed SADP on my PC and it can see both cameras
I remember with my old camera that after a firmware update I couldn't connect to it from my mobile, and that was some security issues introduced in that version, but I have already checked that the settings are the same on both cameras

kukstern

n3wb
Reaction score
So it's working now!

I tried to change the password and after that it worked. Not sure why that helped, because I could use the password to logon through the website