Cannot see cameras in Android app anymore

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see the previews but when I click on any of the cameras it just loads and loads and I get a black screen. The cameras are working and I can see them on my PC no problem but I can no longer get the feed to show when I'm viewing a camera live.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see the previews but when I click on any of the cameras it just loads and loads and I get a black screen. The cameras are working and I can see them on my PC no problem but I can no longer get the feed to show when I'm viewing a camera live.

did you change any settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No I didn't. It just stopped one day

have you restarted the server? the phone? if so delete the app from the phone and reinstall

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uninstalling the app didn't fix the issue.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These three on my PC works fine. No issue. I tried two Android devices. Both on 4g and wifi do not show the camera in full mode only the smaller preview.

So no playback at all.

I have reinstalled the app.
Restarted the server
Restarted the computer.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you ever get this figured out? My son-in-law called last night about the exact same problem. He said he's never touched the setup in Blue Iris and both Blue Iris and the Android App are up to date. His and my daughter's phones are both Galaxy S8 phones. My setup here works perfectly, and (over the phone) we looked over his setup and nothing seemed amiss. I had him delete the app and reinstall it. Still no go. So I came here and read that someone else has (or had) the issue and am looking for a clue as to what's what.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, just so it's in this thread (since I asked here), after reading another thread here, I had him try temporarily pausing/disabling Bit Defender. Everything immediately started working properly. Now it's just a matter of him excluding what needs to be excluded properly in Bit Defender.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, just so it's in this thread (since I asked here), after reading another thread here, I had him try temporarily pausing/disabling Bit Defender. Everything immediately started working properly. Now it's just a matter of him excluding what needs to be excluded properly in Bit Defender.
It was bit defender...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This could have been triggered by Ken changing the Content-Type header for video streams to application/octet-stream which makes some antimalware services confiscate the stream thinking it is a file download that needs to be scanned. I believe it has been reverted since then in a minor update.