Can't Access HIKVISION DS-7204HVI-S Series Net DVR!

datasafe

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sorry my first post is a plea for help!

I have a DS-7204HVI-S Series Net DVR with 3 analogue cameras attached.

I've been using Firefox to 'Live View' the 3 cameras but lately I've noticed the video has been stalling, missing 10 or more seconds and then streaming again. This is annoying but wasn't a big issue.

I decided to upgrade the firmware from version 2 or 3 (can't remember) to version 5. I downloaded the appropriate file for my DVR and the upgrade went just fine and the device rebooted. I confirmed the firmware version had chnaged and I noticed some differences to the GUI/Interface when I browsed to the DVRs IP BUT, Live View wouldn't work in Firefox or any other browser for that matter! I spent a good hour or so trying to get Live View to work without success.

I noticed there was a 'restore defaults but keep IP' in one of the menus and decided to try this. Everything seemed to proceed as expected and the DVR rebooted. Since then I've been unable to access my DVR using the usual IP address I've always used, neither can I ping the IP successfully. I tried the default IP which I believe is 192.0.0.64 having set my local IP to 192.0.0.128 but again, no ping success or browser :sad2: I've powered down the the DVR and it seems to switch back on correctly but I can't access it via the LAN.

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Regards

John

datasafe

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I discovered the IP had changed from fixed to DHCP! That explains why I couldn't reach the unit - that part of the problem is solved.

However, I still don't see any cameras in Live View but, when I go to Configuration/Camera Settings/Display Settings - I do see the live camera video.

Firmware now: V3.0.1 Build 140524

Encoding Version: V5.0 Build 140423

Made progress i guess but doing something stupid!

Thanks

John