Can't access IP camera via IP address using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm having difficulties trying to access my cameras via Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge. I type in their IP address info and the login screen opens asking for the login name and password. I type that in and the browsers seems to be making an attempt at connecting, but nothing else happens.

I have an older computer using Win XP that I've used in the past to access them, but its a pain pulling that out of storage just to access the cameras and check the firmware settings for a possible update.

Anyone else have similar problems and/or a possible fix?

TiGeR

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Can't access IP camera via IP address using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edg

What has changed if anything since you were able to log in OK?
I've seen those symptoms on an NVR where a firmware upgrade from a device with a weak password has leapfrogged the version that demands the stronger password, and instead of prompting for a password change it simply ignores the attempted login. On an NVR you can go in via the VGA/HDMI interface to change the password, then the web GUI behaves again.
But you can't do that on a camera.

I don't suppose you can access OK, maybe do some user management changes, on ONVIF Device Manager, that very useful Windows open-source tool from sourceforge.net
(just suggesting that for @fenderman 's benefit...)

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Can't access IP camera via IP address using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edg

(just suggesting that for @fenderman 's benefit...)
Lol.
OP, you might want to confirm the ip address.. Sometimes old pages load from the cache...

Last edited by a moderator: