Can't access NVR5216-16P-4KS2 from web browser

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
Relocated NVR to remote location, windows 10 computer. Computer and NVR connected to same switch then to router nothing helps.
I can access NVR directly, through phone using android app dgmss, and through computer using Smart PSS.
No matter which browser I try... Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox it asks me to install plugin (webservice). After it is installed and I try to access the NVR, it asks to install it over and over.
I also installed NACL Web Plug-in . I get web service app to open, but it always says invalid password. (same one I use on NVR)
I would like to eventually do remote access, but if I can't get in locally then...

Any help would be appreciated.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Relocated NVR to remote location, windows 10 computer. Computer and NVR connected to same switch then to router nothing helps.
I can access NVR directly, through phone using android app dgmss, and through computer using Smart PSS.
No matter which browser I try... Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox it asks me to install plugin (webservice). After it is installed and I try to access the NVR, it asks to install it over and over.
I also installed NACL Web Plug-in . I get web service app to open, but it always says invalid password. (same one I use on NVR)
I would like to eventually do remote access, but if I can't get in locally then...

Any help would be appreciated.
Find your webrec folder, its usually in (os)c:\program files and rename it or delete it. Delete all your temp files also and clear browser cache. Then try it again with I.E.

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
c hris527 - thanks, for a moment I felt a glimmer of hope. Deleted all, tried again, but after webservice is installed and I input user name & password, it says "install plugin first" again. Same result with Chrome and Firefox.

Could the NVR firmware need updating? It is a version 1 NVR and there seems to be no update available for this particular model.
To be clear, I never used the web access even before I moved locations. I always logged directly into the NVR. It's quite possible that this problem always existed.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
after webservice is installed and I input user name & password, it says "install plugin first"
Suggestion :

In IE11, click Settings | Manage add-ons
In the 'Show :' drop-down, select 'All add-ons' and check if the Dahua plug-in is installed and enabled.
If not enabled, enable it.

If not installed, download it (as opposed to 'run' it) again from the NVR prompt.
Close IE11, and in Windows Explorer right-click the file you downloaded, and select 'Run as administrator'.
When done, re-start IE11 and see if it exists and is enabled.

If those ideas don't work, try running IE11 'as administrator'.

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
alastairstevenson - Thanks, progress. Plug in wasn't enabled. Now no matter which user/password I enter, it says account doesn't exit even though I can use them to log in with Smart PSS or directly into NVR.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
alastairstevenson - Thanks, progress. Plug in wasn't enabled. Now no matter which user/password I enter, it says account doesn't exit even though I can use them to log in with Smart PSS or directly into NVR.
[/QUOTE
Go back to the NVR and create a new admin User and see what happens. If its something in windows that is stuck, try to create a new Profile(USER) on your windows computer and see if that works, make sure its a admin account or things will not run correct.

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson - Thanks again that worked. Deleted User and made another now I can log in. I appreciate your help.

Now I have to look up/work on remote log in from outside of local network.