Can't Activate Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM

Reaction score
I just bought this door station off Amazon. It's a Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM. For some reason I can't activate it or add it to the Hikvision Connect app. Everytime I try to activate it in the iVMS-4200 v3.1.1 client software, it fails. It's visible in the software but I can't activate it and thus I cannot add the camera to the software or the app. There is a CL at the end of the serial number, is it possible that I received a gray market version?

I currently have it connected directly to my Samsung Smart Things router via ethernet Cat 6 and through the cheap POE injector that the vendor included with the door station. I tried it on another network in case the Smart Things mesh router was the problem but got the same results on my Asus router with and without the firewall enabled. THIS IS FOR SET UP AND TESTING ONLY before I install it. For install it will be installed on Cat 6a cable terminated with Cat 6 jacks through a POE switch to the SmartThings router.

I plan on integrating it with a Hikvision NVR and 4 other Hikvision POE dome cameras in near future but for now I just wanted the door station operating stand alone with the Hikvision Connect app and client software iVMS-4200.

Any help would be appreciated as there is virtually nothing online for support on this issue and most of the Youtube videos on this device are all in Russian for some reason.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to change it to specific address range
1. Right-click on your wi-fi or network icon, and select "Open Network and Internet Settings"
2. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Network and Sharing Center"
3. On the left-hand side, click on "Change Adapter Settings"
4. Right-click on your wifi or wired network adapter (whichever you're currently using) and select "Properties"
5. From the list of items, double-click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP v4)"
6. Then enter the following settings as shown below.

Now you should be able to talk to the device, and change its settings as desired.
When you're all done, change your TCP/IP v4 settings back to "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server addresses automatically"

Finally, if you're a Mac user, I apologize in advance for presuming you're using Microsoft Windows. ;)

Attachments

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I will try this and yes I'm using windows, i tried to provide as much info as possible in my post but forgot that part.

Last edited:

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally, if you're a Mac user, I apologize in advance for presuming you're using Microsoft Windows. ;)
You shouldn't apologise for assuming someone is intelligent enough to not be using overpriced and underpowered hardware