Can't change FPS on Imou Cruiser 4MP

john5788

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought an Imou Cruiser 4MP and I cannot change the FPS.

I provisioned/initialized the device using the Imou Life app (Android) and proceeded to make more configuration changes using SmartPSS on my desktop. I am able to adjust the bitrate, resolution, and other encoder settings, but I cannot change the FPS from 25 to 15, which is what I want.

I change the setting in SmartPSS and the device seems to accept the changes, but when I open the stream in BlueIris or any other RTSP viewer, I am locked at 25fps. Even changing it down to 1fps I get 25fps.

Additionally, it appears I am unable to change FPS for key intervals as well. Problem applies to both main and substreams. It looks like I am locked to:

Main: 25fps / key interval 75 fps
Substream: 15fps / key interval 15fps

Any ideas or suggestions? Firmware bug?

Edit: Upon further testing, it seems none of the settings other than resolution and encoder type (H264/H265) actually work. Confirmed this in SmartPSS, Amcrest Surveillance Pro, and Dahua Config Tool.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try accessing the camera gui from a Windows computer using Internet Explorer - not Edge, not Chrome with IE plug in, but plain ole IE baked into Windows. Just do a search for it. Using the app and SmartPSS is problematic trying to change parameters.

john5788

n3wb
Reaction score
This camera does not have a camera gui available via http. It is one of those kinds of devices. Considering returning it if I cannot change these basic encoding parameters.

This is the reply I received from Imou support:

1642877005804.png

Maybe they don't understand my problem or my camera is defective.

Last edited:

Genife

n3wb
Reaction score
This camera does not have a camera gui available via http. It is one of those kinds of devices. Considering returning it if I cannot change these basic encoding parameters.

This is the reply I received from Imou support:

View attachment 116383

Maybe they don't understand my problem or my camera is defective.
I have same problem.. did you manage to fix it?
Edit: bullet 2c have same problem..

Last edited: