Can't connect out of local network after update

dsego

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been running Blue Iris for about 4 years and never had a problem. I have been running Version 4.5.7.1 for months with no problem. Yesterday I wanted to upgrade to the newest version (4.6.3.0). I did a total system image with Acronis the proceeded to do the update. Now I can't access when I am outside of my home network and connected to 4G with the Android App two smart phones do the same thing. I have reinstalled the app, shut off Zonealarm and Windows Defender. When I run the remote access wizard it shows all is good. I restored the original image and everything works fine. I installed the update again and have the same problem. Any ideas? I am about ready to restore the original image and forget about it. I have 12 cameras, mostly Foscam and Amcrest. The PC is Lenovo I7 3.6 Ghz with 32 gig ram. I usually run about 8% CPU.

dsego

n3wb
Reaction score
More info on problem. I don't think the app is passing my username/password to Blue Iris. I checked the status and see my user name where the attempt was made on my local network, it's blank when I am on 4Glte, I see the host name of att for my cell. I can open chrome in my phone and connect with that and it passes my information and gets me logged on, that tells me the server is working ok. May be an issue with the app, I see no options or anything and I have already reinstalled with no change.
Update: I went to Wal Mart and connected to their WiFi and it worked fine, seems to be related to the 4Glte and or ATT. Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited: