Can't connect Samsung cam to tinycam

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought a small PTZ cam at Costco.
It is aSAMSUNG-SNH-V6410PN
Box also calls it "SmartCam PTZ".
I can see and use it through the app but cannot get it to work in Tinycam app.
It finds it and the correct name and model but wont log in. TC has 3 setting options, "camera push", RTP over TCP and RTP over UDP. None work.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can't connect in BI either....BI discovery says, "RSTP port found"...but then shows "RSTP 400: BAD REQUEST

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't connect in BI either....BI discovery says, "RSTP port found"...but then shows "RSTP 400: BAD REQUEST
thats because it does not support streaming to third party software.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Crap
How is that something I could find out ahead of time the next time I'm looking at some other product like this?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@mat200 I do not understand your statement? This camera has its own app. With the app I can see the camera at home or away. But I would really like to add it to my other cameras to view via my BI appp or TinyCam Pro.
But per Fenderman it is not RSTP or ONVIF compatible \ proprietary so that cannot be done.
Since neither the packaging nor instructions state if it is or is not, I shot an email to the company, (apparently labeled Samsung not not really affiliated \ made by them at all), as a last ditch effort to see if there is any possibility of accessing the camera through other apps.
I only bought it because it is a very small tabletop PTZ and was 1/2 off at Costco for some reason, (they were probably closing them out), so kind of an impulse purchase. Pic quality is ok, on par with a basic 1080 Foscam.
It has an auto tracking feature, but pretty slow...your grandma could outrun it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 I do not understand your statement? This camera has its own app. With the app I can see the camera at home or away. But I would really like to add it to my other cameras to view via my BI appp or TinyCam Pro.
But per Fenderman it is not RSTP or ONVIF compatible \ proprietary so that cannot be done.
Since neither the packaging nor instructions state if it is or is not, I shot an email to the company, (apparently labeled Samsung not not really affiliated \ made by them at all), as a last ditch effort to see if there is any possibility of accessing the camera through other apps.
I only bought it because it is a very small tabletop PTZ and was 1/2 off at Costco for some reason, (they were probably closing them out), so kind of an impulse purchase. Pic quality is ok, on par with a basic 1080 Foscam.
It has an auto tracking feature, but pretty slow...your grandma could outrun it.
Hi nbstl68,

everything seems to have it's own app... heck even the local supermarket..

The point is - if the camera REQUIRES internet access to work as a security camera and thus CAN NOT be accessed locally ( even with the "app" they include using your local wifi ) - then you've got a cloud locked down device.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I noticed when scanning with BI it would say RTSP found, (or something like that) but then could not connect.
So I called cust support. They gave me an RTSP stream but then also said it i snot ONVIF compliant.....So does that mean I cannot use the RTSP stream to connect? I tried playing around with it but can't get it to work. I don't really know what I'm doing though so just wanted to confirm if it may just be me not doing it right or if it won't work at all because of the non-compliant ONVIF statement.

They provided me with this:

----------------
There are 5 profiles, each has different resolutions and fps
rtsp://admin:<camera password>@<camera ip>/profile5/media.smp
/profile4/media.smp
/profile3/media.smp
/profile2/media.smp
/profile1/media.smp

-----------------

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I noticed when scanning with BI it would say RTSP found, (or something like that) but then could not connect.
So I called cust support. They gave me an RTSP stream but then also said it i snot ONVIF compliant.....So does that mean I cannot use the RTSP stream to connect? I tried playing around with it but can't get it to work. I don't really know what I'm doing though so just wanted to confirm if it may just be me not doing it right or if it won't work at all because of the non-compliant ONVIF statement.

They provided me with this:

----------------
There are 5 profiles, each has different resolutions and fps
rtsp://admin:<camera password>@<camera ip>/profile5/media.smp
/profile4/media.smp
/profile3/media.smp
/profile2/media.smp
/profile1/media.smp

-----------------
HI nbstl68,

Depends on how flexible the NVR / VMS is - as you are using Blue Iris - I believe it has more flexibility than other products, so I would think there's a chance to get it to work if it is following some sort of recognized standard.

Look to see from the BI drop down if there are similar cameras - perhaps try a few different ones and see if they work.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI followup to this I did get this camera working in tiny am and in BI. The secret was only the 1st 8 characters of the password are used to connect. Mine was 12 characters. So using the 1st 8 and it worked in both.

Reaction score
FYI followup to this I did get this camera working in tiny am and in BI. The secret was only the 1st 8 characters of the password are used to connect. Mine was 12 characters. So using the 1st 8 and it worked in both.
Hi nbstl168,

What firmware do you have on your SNH-V6410PN? I read somewhere that they might have disabled rtsp support in later firmwares. My firmware version is v1.18_180413. I've tried the testing the rtsp links in VLC but haven't been successful.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same firmware. I'm not even sure there is a way to update it if there was one but since this model was discontinue I assume theresponsibility is not going to be any.
I stated I DID get it to work in both.
In Tiny cam I used RTSP over TCP protocol option.
Port 554
Port 80
User name apparently has to be administered
Only the 1st 8 characters of your actual password.

IMO this is a fairly decent PT camera for the sale price I paid given the nice cimpact form factor. I think $50.
Much more useful now that it is visible in BI. The phone app for this rarely works for playing back motion capture clips on the SD card...maybe just my crappy internet. What is your experience?

Reaction score
Same firmware. I'm not even sure there is a way to update it if there was one but since this model was discontinue I assume theresponsibility is not going to be any.
I stated I DID get it to work in both.
In Tiny cam I used RTSP over TCP protocol option.
Port 554
Port 80
User name apparently has to be administered
Only the 1st 8 characters of your actual password.

IMO this is a fairly decent PT camera for the sale price I paid given the nice cimpact form factor. I think $50.
Much more useful now that it is visible in BI. The phone app for this rarely works for playing back motion capture clips on the SD card...maybe just my crappy internet. What is your experience?
Thanks for confirming that it works. I've been trying to get it to work a few months ago and gave up when I heard they might have disabled RTSP support. There isn't newer firmware as its discontinued but I remember it prompted me to upgrade when I first plugged it in.

I played around with it and finally got it to work and it turns out I had Image Encrypting enabled which messed with the RTSP. I've disabled image encrypting and now I can view in tinyCam. Playing back clips seem to work fine for me but I'll admit that the SmartCam app isn't that great and I've encountered problems with it on a few occasions. Despite its downsides, I still need to keep the app to control the pan and tilt and to use the other features. However, now that RTSP is working, it'll be a lot easier to monitor this camera without opening the app.

crutchman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this camera (SAMSUNG-SNH-V6414BN) and wanted to get it working on Tinycam Pro. I've tried all the different ways to get it to work but no luck in getting the video to show. I do see when I have it set for the following settings I get frames received but 100% dropped and 0 fps displayed. It doesn't appear I can use RTSP because I get nothing using any config.

Webport 80
Snapshot jpeg
login admin
password is the 10 digit PIN I received when I created the cam connection because the settings screen said so. Attached are some snapshots. I tried the password but that didn't get me anything but the same received frames OK, zero fps for displayed and 100% dropped frames.

Attachments