cant connect to blue iris server with phones internet

TheOne4eva

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the full version on my PC and the app works fine when connected to my wifi. When trying to connect with phones internet I get an error stating unable to connect reason: unable to reach server. I have not tried to connect to app using public wifi. my phone internet isn't the fastest at home but I also tried it in town today where its pretty fast and it still did not work.

is there anything special im supposed to do to allow remote viewing via mobile internet? lan only is unchecked in the blue iris on PC

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the full version on my PC and the app works fine when connected to my wifi. When trying to connect with phones internet I get an error stating unable to connect reason: unable to reach server. I have not tried to connect to app using public wifi. my phone internet isn't the fastest at home but I also tried it in town today where its pretty fast and it still did not work.

is there anything special im supposed to do to allow remote viewing via mobile internet? lan only is unchecked in the blue iris on PC
Yes you need to setup a VPN or use port forwarding...see help file and many threads

TheOne4eva

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes you need to setup a VPN or use port forwarding...see help file and many threads
ok thank you, id like to set up a VPN but have never done it before, would you recommend using my router to do it(it supports this) or what about windows 10 built in VPN service?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok thank you, id like to set up a VPN but have never done it before, would you recommend using my router to do it(it supports this) or what about windows 10 built in VPN service?
Yes use your router ..see VPN primer for noobs thread