Can't Disable Motion Detection

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 9 Dahua Cams that i got working with Blue Iris recording from the camera triggers. But i had a lot of alerts today and when i go in each camera to view what caused the trigger and none of my rules was signaling so i checked the motion setting and found the box checked i unchecked and saved it the triggers stopped. few hrs later i started getting alerts from BI and logged into the cameras again and found the motion box checked again. Anyone have any ideas why or how the motion got turned back on? I just disabled again and rebooted the cam, logged back in and motion was unchecked.

Thanks

Reaction score
Please check and verify on all the channels that you have disabled motion detection functions and make sure to apply & save.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had over 4000 Blue Iris alerts today and checked the Cams all have motion checked again. If a cam loses power it turns on motion again when it boots. also some just turn back on everyday. Anyone know how to disable the motion detection in the cameras permanently? I have the ivs and intrusion settings working perfect with blue iris but the motion settings in the camera keeps screwing it up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had over 4000 Blue Iris alerts today and checked the Cams all have motion checked again. If a cam loses power it turns on motion again when it boots. also some just turn back on everyday. Anyone know how to disable the motion detection in the cameras permanently? I have the ivs and intrusion settings working perfect with blue iris but the motion settings in the camera keeps screwing it up.
why are you using camera motion detection in BI...simply uncheck pull point subscription in the video>config tab and uncheck camera motion in the trigger tab...

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman I am not trying to or using motion from BI or the cam, just trying to use ivs in the cam but it keeps turning back on even tho i took the schedules out and removed check mark. next day schedules still not there but motion is checked again in the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman I am not trying to or using motion from BI or the cam, just trying to use ivs in the cam but it keeps turning back on even tho i took the schedules out and removed check mark. next day schedules still not there but motion is checked again in the camera.
blue iris cannot use the cameras ivs...

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have it working it's recording an ivs trip and is in the BI alerts. It's says it's a external alarm. I have 7 cams working in the BI alerts that match the same alerts on the memory card in the camera, under playback.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have it working it's recording an ivs trip and is in the BI alerts. It's says it's a external alarm. I have 7 cams working in the BI alerts that match the same alerts on the memory card in the camera, under playback.
This is the first time I have heard it working...are you certain its not simply matching standard motion events?
also blue iris zone crossing is more more effective than dahua line crossing..

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had it working for few days I was using BI zone crossings but was getting a bunch of false alerts i was trying different settings trying to under stand it. Seen another thread about someone emailing BI about ivs and something about onif (i think it's called and they had 1 model # of Dahua working) well the cameras have a onif tab and i setup a user the same as the login of the camera did auto detect for the cam checked pullpoint and to receive input from cam. and it works. problem i am having is after a day or camera losing power the motion box is checked in the camera. If i remove the check and save the camera will record the event then i can log in the camera and motion is still unchecked. it's after day or 2 the cam re enables motion on it's own.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not try a hard reset since i have 11 cams doing it. I guess it couldn't hurt to reset 1 and try it. I did turn sensitivity to 0 and hasn't alerted yet

Last edited: