Can't find IR Trigger Mode setting on 2DF8236I as shown in Owners Maual....

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having an issue with my my new 8236 smart series PTZ camera. At night, the camera constantly switches between day and night mode when the day/night settings is in "Auto". There is a "Sensitivity" setting that adjusts from 1 to 3 but it makes no difference at all.

The manual, which came on the CD which accompanied the camera, outlines each setting in the "Day/Night Switch" settings:
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 6.17.03 PM.png

The Trigger Mode setting is completely missing. The behavior I'm seeing is what I've seen on other cameras that I've fixed by setting the trigger mode to the photo sensor rather than the video image itself. I'm pretty sure what's happening is it's set to "Camera" and as image gets brighter due to IR illumination, it triggers the switch back to color. There is a photo sensor on the front of the camera but it blocks IR so it only receives visible light. I recently had the same issue with my Sunba but switching the trigger mode to photo sensor fixed it.

The sensitivity setting is there but only ranges from 1 to 3, not 0 to 100.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 6.19.24 PM.png

Next, I entered the OSD Recall Menu (preset 95) to see if the missing settings were there:

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 6.15.10 PM.png

But not there either. Anyone ideas? The camera switches back and fourth several times a minute and unless I manually set to night mode, it just does that all night.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Does it do this with the smart supplement light off?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does it do this with the smart supplement light off?
That was the first thing I tried. Actually it started out turned off and I only just turned that on to see if doing so would make the other settings appear.

The other oddity is that the "IRLightMode" drop down only has one item in it, "Auto". "Manual" is missing no matter what I set the other settings to. Not that I want "Manual" but it's another value documented in the manual that is missing.

Also, have the latest US/Western Region firmware (5.4.9).

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tried one more thing to prove which trigger method was being used and that was to cover up the photo receptor at night when it was in color mode while pointing at a slightly more lit area. If it was using the photo receptor, covering it up would have caused the camera to switch to night mode but it had no effect.