Can't find the micro-sD-card-slot of IP-camera

Peter.B

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a mrSafe outdoor HD IP camera (http://www.mrsafe.be/?portfolio=outdoor-ip-camera-one), and it should have a micro-sD-card slot (mentioned on the box).

The problem is that I can not locate this slot.

There is no information about the location of it in the manual, not even in the online manual.

I allready opened the back of the camera (4 screws), but couldn't find the slot.

Who can help me finding the micro-sD-slot?

Kind regards,

Peter.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Peter.B Welcome to the forum..it may be under the lens cover. If you just purchased that camera, return it, there are much better options out there.

Peter.B

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked the camera from all possible positions, but I don't see an opening (even not under the lens). Notice that it's an outdoor camera, so it should also be waterproof.
I ordered it online.
What beter options do you sugest?

Regards,
Peter.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked the camera from all possible positions, but I don't see an opening (even not under the lens). Notice that it's an outdoor camera, so it should also be waterproof.
I ordered it online.
What beter options do you sugest?

Regards,
Peter.
There are many threads here on hikvison and dahua cameras. A 2mp hikvision camera can be had for 100 dollars. 720p dahuas even less. Both with POE so you dont have to run separate power.
The camera you liked to is a low resolution vga camera. Also the specs say nothing about sd card slot.

Peter.B

n3wb
Reaction score
There are many threads here on hikvison and dahua cameras. A 2mp hikvision camera can be had for 100 dollars. 720p dahuas even less. Both with POE so you dont have to run separate power.
The camera you liked to is a low resolution vga camera. Also the specs say nothing about sd card slot.
I just found out that the link I posted is not really the cam I have. It's a bit strange, but on the site they mention only 1 outdoor camera.
My cam is 720 HD-camera (at least, if I my believe the text on the box).

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just found out that the link I posted is not really the cam I have. It's a bit strange, but on the site they mention only 1 outdoor camera.
My cam is 720 HD-camera (at least, if I my believe the text on the box).
What did you pay for the camera?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely that is just a generic box, not representative of the product inside. Definitely return it if you can.

Peter.B

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Can't find the micro-sD-card-slot of IP-camera => SOLVED

What did you pay for the camera?
I bought it last year on iBood for 80 euro.
I allready looked at the live video and it certainly is not VGA-qualty (I don't think there are VGA-camera's with IP-output, correct me if I am wrong), but HD-quality, so the text on the box is right.
There are also grades in HD: HD720, HD1080, ... So when I look at the video real-time it looks very good, but it could still be a little bit better, so I think it really is a HD720-cam, but HD1080 would make the quality excellent.

Because earlier this day I looked for a sD-card-slot and later on I found out that it is micro-sD, I reopened the rear panel of the camera, and at the back-end of the print, I found the tiny little micro-sD-slot!!
So, problem solved.
What a mess. A small picture in the manual could have saved me a couple of hours of research.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Can't find the micro-sD-card-slot of IP-camera => SOLVED

I bought it last year on iBood for 80 euro.
I allready looked at the live video and it certainly is not VGA-qualty (I don't think there are VGA-camera's with IP-output, correct me if I am wrong), but HD-quality, so the text on the box is right.
There are also grades in HD: HD720, HD1080, ... So when I look at the video real-time it looks very good, but it could still be a little bit better, so I think it really is a HD720-cam, but HD1080 would make the quality excellent.

Because earlier this day I looked for a sD-card-slot and later on I found out that it is micro-sD, I reopened the rear panel of the camera, and at the back-end of the print, I found the tiny little micro-sD-slot!!
So, problem solved.
What a mess. A small picture in the manual could have saved me a couple of hours of research.
There are many ip cameras that are vga....
That cam looks like a foscam clone...the hikvisions and dahuas are far superior.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A photo of the camera might help!

Edit: Sorry just read last post. I was going to suggest rear of camera... same place as DS-2CD2032F-i Hikvision ones.

It won't be as good as Hikvision or Dahua or a decent 1080p camera but it'll still be ok. Much better than Analog crap they are selling in the big stores in the UK!

Peter.B

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

just got answer from mrSafe company. They have 2 versions, VGA and HD, and only the HD-version has a sD-slot.
Allready posted yesterday that I found the slot on the print after opening the back-end of the camera.
See pic below of my camera:

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to find out lots about your camera, assuming it's ONVIF compliant as most are these days, especially the unknown brands, the very good Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net is worth installing.
The Profiles page tells you about the video encoder.
The Video streaming page tells you about the encoder settings available.
And lots more.