Can't get notifications or sms to work..

vaeyo

n3wb
Reaction score
I am struggling to get push notifications and sms to work on both iOS and android. Server is on BI v5 and using a netgear xr500 router. We are in a very rural area where we are primarily using cell phone boosters and wi-fi calling, as well as still using DSL 10 down/1 up.

Here's what I got so far:
  1. gmail smtp server setup (turned less secure apps on) and the test succeeds.
  2. Have push notifications enabled and tags set under mobile devices and under camera settings>alerts.
  3. Have the sms settings set-up and have done a test email to mynumber@vtext.com and mynumber@vzwpix.com and I receive both instantly.
  4. Have removed the phones and re-added them as well as deleting and re-downloading the BI app.
  5. Have port forwarding set up in my router and opened ports in firewall even tried disabling firewall to test and they still dont go through.
Not sure what else to try.

Also I am getting alert notifification badges on iOS but do not get them on the android phone running android 8.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It appears in image #2 for "Configure SMS" that Profile 2 is greyed out and also in image #3 for "Configure Push Notification" that Profile 2 is grayed out (not enabled?) for that action.

I mention this because in image #1 "alerts" you've selected Profile 2.

I could be way off there, as I'm still on BI4.

vaeyo

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow Tony, Thank you. You were correct. I guess for some reason I thought greying it out was selecting those profiles not the opposite.

So that fixed text messaging. But not push notifications. Any thoughts on the push notifications?

Last edited: