Cant get NVR to recognize new IP cams

Joe jones

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening,
I have to apologize in advance as I am new to this forum and may be going about this wrong. With that said - I have a Laview 8 channel NVR that I had 4 (4mp) dome IP cams hooked up for 2 yrs no problems. Had them viewable remotely on my ipad, android phones and computer. THEN i decided to add 2 more Laview IP cams. I reaaranged the POE cables and now Im hopelessly lost. I independently hooked them to the NVR and find they work ( functional) but am so lost on redoing it I have headaches. Ive checked the ends of the cables and seems fine ( I use a klein tool for the ends and check ). I reset the NVR to default ( aside from password) and the NVR has assigned the following - its like 192.168.254. Xxx to the IPs .. they work but the new cams wont accept the addresses ...not sure whether i should randomly try some higher 192.168.254 numbers ( above 10/15/20?)... my router is a 10.0.0 sequence? My whats my ip starts 174....
any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Helplessly lost...I believe Ive read the manuals for IPCams/NVR etc but am at a loss.
Joe