Can't get PTZ Controls on Trendnet TV-IP315PI

diskwzrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I just added two Trendnet TV-IP315PI cameras to my network. BI sees them fine but the PTZ controls do not work. There is no specific configuration for this model in the drop down list on BI. I tried doing the ONVIF process and selecting each of the other Trendnet model drop downs and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong that I can't move the camera? Is there another make/model I can choose to give me PTZ control?

BI Release 3.59.02

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just added two Trendnet TV-IP315PI cameras to my network. BI sees them fine but the PTZ controls do not work. There is no specific configuration for this model in the drop down list on BI. I tried doing the ONVIF process and selecting each of the other Trendnet model drop downs and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong that I can't move the camera?

BI Release 3.59.02

Thx
Welcome to the forum...it wont work because those cameras are not ptz...they are fixed dome cameras....
also, update to blue iris 4, there are significant performance, feature, and security enhancements....its only 30 dollars - email support for an upgrade coupon code.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

What am I doing wrong that I can't move the camera? Is there another make/model I can choose to give me PTZ control?

BI Release 3.59.02

Thx
Welcome Diskwzrd,

I see you've made your first post and I wanted to welcome you here as well as to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your BI version is that old you may want to check your cam's firmware ==>> here <<==, released 9/19/17 with changes made to ONVIF.

Firmware Version: 5.4.1 build 170830
Release Date: 8/2017
Notes:
  1. ONVIF compliant
  2. Fixed NAS and Email issue
  3. Update UPNP naming issue