Can't liveview in browser

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got an old DS-2CD2532F-I where I can't get the liveview in a browser to work. I have downloaded the file (WebComponents.exe) but it does not work. I have tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome browser

But I also got a newer DS-2CD2345FWD-I where liveview works fine, but only in Edge browser.

Is there anything I can do ?

Screenshot 2023-01-25 131153.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got an old DS-2CD2532F-I where I can't get the liveview in a browser to work. I have downloaded the file (WebComponents.exe) but it does not work. I have tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome browser

But I also got a newer DS-2CD2345FWD-I where liveview works fine, but only in Edge browser.

Is there anything I can do ?

View attachment 151893
Download and install the 32 bit version of Pale Moon browser; that Active-X plug-in (WebComponents.exe) should download from the cam and install OK.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
TIme to try trusty Internet Explorer that these types of cameras were centered around...

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried Internet explorer and it does not work. Could it be that it is an old camera I got ? The newer camera I have does work fine in Edge

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into Internet Explorer and delete the add-ons/extensions and then try the camera again and let it download the component from the camera. I suspect a newer version is in there that the camera doesn't recognize.

And try substream just in case it is a bandwidth issue with mainstream.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried Internet explorer and it does not work. Could it be that it is an old camera I got ? The newer camera I have does work fine in Edge
Depending on the version of Windows, I suspect your IE will be quietly reverting to Edge.

If so, in Edge, use
Settings | Reload this page in Internet Explorer mode
for the camera IP address, and when it does, select the 'Always open in Internet Explorer mode' selector and click Done.

Terra

n3wb
Reaction score
Ich hatte das Problem auch. Habe das mit IE Tab, einer Browsererweiterung (add on) für Chrome und Edge gelöst. So sind alle Funktionen wieder verfügbar.
IETab.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, this is the above post translated from German to English by Google:

"I had that problem too. Solved this with IE Tab, a browser extension (add on) for Chrome and Edge. So all functions are available again."

Last edited: