Cant log into Qvis 4MP Mini Dome (EYE-4MP-FW) - This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it

PacMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Newbie to the forum but looking to see if anyone can help.
I’ve a ORPHEUS 8x channel NVR with a mix of Qvis/OynX IP Cameras, one of which I’m having issues with.

Qvis 4MP Mini Dome (EYE-4MP-FW).
EYE-4MP-FW/FG & MB-4MP-FW Manual

Logged onto the camera in default via web browser fine and gave it a static 192.168.2.102
The camera logs into the NVR fine, when in the NVR you can see this on Port 80 (ONVIF), and another offering for Port 5000/2000 (TYPE3).
I didnt change ayy of the port allocation settings, just changed the default IP to the Static i want to use.

The issue i have is if unplug it from the NVR and put it back onto my computer network (spare router on 192.168.2xxx) to log in locally on the web browser (want to check settings and check firmware)
I get an XML Error message as per attached (This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it).
Get the same from Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and from iPhone.

I can ping the IP Camera fine, shows up on an IP Scan, but I just can’t log into it.
I believe i'm getting this error as the webbrowser for some reason interprets the HTTP response content as text/xml instead of text/htm.
From what I can see there is no reset pin on the camera anywhere.

Any one any ideas?.
See attachments.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any one any ideas?
That is a bit odd.
It's almost like the NVR has switched the HTTP port away from 80, leaving 80 for the ONVIF port.

Maybe one way to explore this would be to query the camera with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge,.net
It will find ONVIF devices automatically.
Give ODM some logon credentials, top left, and check the the listed ports .

The 'ONVIF' port can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.
Also check if the 'Web page' looks normal.

PacMan

n3wb
Reaction score
That is a bit odd.
It's almost like the NVR has switched the HTTP port away from 80, leaving 80 for the ONVIF port.

Maybe one way to explore this would be to query the camera with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge,.net
It will find ONVIF devices automatically.
Give ODM some logon credentials, top left, and check the the listed ports .

The 'ONVIF' port can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.
Also check if the 'Web page' looks normal.
Thanks for this alastairstevenson. I will give this a try when i get a spare moment :)