Can't login anymore to Huisun cam after power fail

SvenV

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I have two Huisun cams, first gen I think, about two years old. Last week someone by accident killed my POE Switch with a lot of water. I bought a new one and everything seemed to be going well. In Blue Iris i got image again from the cams. But I noticed that on my TinyCam app on my smartphone, cam's weren't working anymore. Now I went to the URL of the cams and I tried to login, but this is not working anymore. Anyone got an idea?

ps: I've read the other comments on the forum about the cam quality, so you can spare me that. Only looking for constructive, helpful feedback. Thx

Kr
Sven

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the PoE on these is well known to fail easily.. more than likely its dead, because of the shit quality.

you can try powering it externally with 12vdc, sometimes they can be revived that way when the internal PoE board takes a shit

SvenV

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Nayr,

Thanks for the comment. Strange that everything is working ok in Blue Iris?
Could it be that when the switch got a short circuit, this also went to the cams?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
missed that part, well that bodes even worse.. these also been known to corrupt there own flash memory as it does not boot read-only.. sounds like this might be the most likely case.. leaving it in a partially functioning state.

SvenV

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Normally the cable is not defected from this short circuit?
Then I just need to get new cams?

SvenV

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did some more testing, seems that moving the camera to another position is also not working. So the cam is indeed broken. Hopefully the cables are still ok, but because this is just copper and images are coming through. This will be ok, right?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the cable or power were bad you'd not be getting a video feed out of it..

it may be recoverable, if you know how to flash software to a damaged device.. search around, I believe its been discussed here before for this particular camera.

This was just one of the many faults in the design that lead to premature death, if you have to replace the cameras I'd suggest investing in something a bit more reliable.

SvenV

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd suggest investing in something a bit more reliable.
Any suggestion? Think I'm just going to report this as a defect after the damage they did to the switch and buy new ones.