Can't program in keyfobs with Vista 15P and 5883H.

garya505

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Vista 15P with 5883H. Originally I had an RF keypad, but I removed it and added a 5883H for more range.

My old 5804 keyfobs are falling apart so I bought 2 5834-4 keyfobs and I need to program them in. I know the steps.

When I get to the step where you press the keyfob button to enter the SN, it doesn't receive the SN. I tried it with my new 5834-4 keyfobs AND the the old 5804 keyfobs (currently working fine with the system) but the results are the same - nothing is received when I press the button.

The weird thing is that when I get to the step to enter the SN, the SN is not received. However, when I get to the step where you press the keyfob again to confirm SN, the SN is received and shown on the display. It does this with the old 5804 AND new 5834 key fobs. That tells me the keyfob is being received by the 5883H. WTH?

Note that I I had programmed in the 5804 keyfobs BEFORE I removed the old RF keypad and added the 5883H, and everything worked fine then, so maybe it has something to do with the addition of the 5883H.

Is there any way to enter a keyfob SN manually?

Got any ideas?

Reaction score
Looks like you have to get into *58 then hit the key.
(Much like other wireless sensors on this system)

garya505

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm doing. When I press the fob button the panel doesn't get the SN. I saw some other videos where you enter the SN manually. I'm going to try that later today.

BTW, I already checked to make sure the fob wasn't in high security mode so I know that's not it.

Reaction score
Maybe you have to the wait 1 minute thing - man now I am worried I'll have the same issue.

I haven't tried it myself yet but I just ordered a couple of the 5834-4's to talk to my 5881ENH wireless receiver
According to this it should just work

garya505

n3wb
Reaction score
zotz -

I incorrectly stated that I used *58. I actually used *56 (to do the 4 zones separately) because that's what I've used before.
It's the "auto-enroll" that doesn't seem to work. The first time I press the button the panel doesn't show the new keyfob SN. However, if I skip that, on the next step to confirm the SN it DOES show it!

I'm going to try entering the SN manually. Since the panel seems to see it on the Confirm step, maybe that will work.

Let me know how it goes with yours.