Capturing Drivers Faces

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a camera or system that will take video or still images of drivers inside their vehicle? I know such systems exist because all the red light cameras have these. The cameras work with a flash/strobe and are able to get good images through the windshield. I'm hoping that a company like Hikvision has such a system. LPR's are great but I would also like to capture the driver's face.

Thanks,

AJ

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those cameras are designed for that and benefit from being able to placed at an optimal location (height/angle, distance from driver) that most of us are not able to achieve. But I have seen some people post images here that get a lot of driver's fairly clearly during the daytime as they have a much better vantage point than most can get with their cam location.

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This IPVM test might be interesting to you - Testing Polarizing Filters on HD Cameras It's not super practical since it requires buying a special lens and attaching it to a box camera but it does show examples of how to help get such an image.
Yes, the IPVM test is interesting. But I'm hoping to find a system that works out-of-the-box instead of doing research and testing of my own. But thank you for your link.

AJ