Car drives by with doors open

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thought this was kind of strange. At first thought it was a runaway car until it turned the corner. :)

Recorded with Huisun mini bullet ptz in BI.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL! Must be one of those new flying cars getting ready for take off... :D

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps he using wind resistance for slowing down, I don't see him using brakes in that corner :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The mystery of the two open car doors might be solved. I got to thinking that it might be the paperboy. He might have both doors open so he can throw out the newspaper at each house instead of having to get out of the car. If it is him, then I would say he's lazy. :peaceful:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am not convinced. Usually open windows are enough... at least on the driver side that should be easy to throw newspaper. Also, I doubt there are enough newspaper subscribers these days to be that lazy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What made me think it might be the paperboy was that the car drove by again early this morning with only the passenger door open this time. I think it might be the same car.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps he is delivering something other then paper that requires exiting the car frequently? It would nice to zoom in closer when he drives by :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Someone suggested that it might be package thieves leaving the doors open so they can jump out and grab a package from a porch and then jump back in and take off. The only problem with that theory is that UPS and FedEx don't deliver packages that early in the morning out here. :)

I'll set the Huisun for a close-up view tonight and pan the 12x Dahua around for a better view too.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Someone suggested that it might be package thieves leaving the doors open so they can jump out and grab a package from a porch and then jump back in and take off. The only problem with that theory is that UPS and FedEx don't deliver packages that early in the morning out here. :)

I'll set the Huisun for a close-up view tonight and pan the 12x Dahua around for a better view too.
Now you have to solve the mystery. You can't leave us hanging Bear.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I still think it's the lazy paperboy, but I'll try to confirm it tonight. Guess I should set the Huisun to read his license plate. :)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
He'll be wondering why his doors don't close well in a few months if he does that regularly.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've confirmed that it's the paperboy and not someone opening the car doors because of someone farting in the car. Just a lazy paperboy opening the car doors to throw papers out instead of having to manually walk up to the house. :D

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So you have to look for the paper in the snow ?
lucky here they put it in the mailbox
I don't take the paper here at my house. I read the news, flyers, etc. online. The paperboy puts the newspapers in plastic bags so they don't get wet and tries to throw them on porch's or sidewalk's but I think he misses sometimes. :)