CCTV systems in China

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just spent 2 weeks in China. Could not believe the amount of CCTV cameras. Both Dahua and Hikivision were everywhere, not exaggerating, every intersection in Beijing had 4 Dahua 15x or 30x PTZs. Can't even imagine how they store all the data? Lots of camera pod poles with multiple cameras. Even the local business owners had them everywhere. I never saw a single PTZ move, but they are there and ready to go if there is another revolt or a crime takes place. Eyes everywhere. I can see why they are much more advanced than the US when it comes to CCTV tech and implementation. Lots of wifi antennas on the camera pod poles too. Even the remote villages and hard to reach places had CCTV systems. Visited the silicon valley of China and they had a large Hikivision store. Was afraid to buy any more cameras without researching them more.

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
That reporter got dropped off as an experiment and was picked up in six minutes by there cctv system, it’s off tap and state of art

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LOL at the cable management and the black tape in the last picture :D

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That was a small village. The big cities are very well wired. I will post more photos when I can.
Ah ok :D

I would really love to see more photos of installations in the big cities. Thumbs up for sharing it with us :D

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL at the cable management and the black tape in the last picture :D
Wires with copper and any aluminum parts within reach are like candy to meth heads over here...would be gone in an hour but could be found in local scrap metal recycler's yard. :embarrassed:

And the guy on the ladder in the first picture? OSHA dude here would have a stroke if they saw that! :facepalm:

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wires with copper and any aluminum parts within reach are like candy to meth heads over here...would be gone in an hour but could be found in local scrap metal recycler's yard. :embarrassed:

And the guy on the ladder in the first picture? OSHA dude here would have a stroke if they saw that! :facepalm:
Yeah indeed. Thats why i mentioned the cable management. Nice and bundled already. Couple of snips and you have it hehe.

If you watch closely at the picture with the guy on the ladder, you see another guy holding the ladder. But look again, and you see that he is not paying attention. Accidents waiting to happen :D