Change Blue Iris default page to UI2

vialentvia

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I change the page that BI defaults to after hitting the login page? I'd like it to go straight to UI2 after login and only that.

I've noticed that if I specify UI2 in the address, if I log out and then immediately back in, it will go to the jpegpull page.

I have several (about three) users on the LAN who keep a browser feed open 24/7 using UI2 and I find that I also prefer it when on WAN while checking in. I know it eats processor, but the 4790K isn't even sweating with 12 3MP cams and all those feeds.

Off topic, but while searching for the answer on Google, I'm astonished at the results. Using the keywords blue iris default login and how many results I got with people having their BI login facing the web like that.

Also off topic, but of lesser importance, thoughts on E3-1226 v3 or 1246 v3 in a Dell R220? It will be for no more than about 16-18 3MP cams and let's say no more than 6 simultaneous feeds as mentioned above. Leaning toward 1246. It will be dedicated and I want to get a Xeon with QuickSync. I really want BI off my water cooled rig. It's currently in a Hyper-V VM. Looks like none of the newer Xeons do QuickSync, at least not what's compatible with a higher R model or newer R230. I need something rack mounted. I have two other R710's, couple rack UPSs, KVM Console, POE Switches, the full rack really, I don't want anything at my desk anymore.

vialentvia

n3wb
Reaction score
bp2008 solved this in his dedicated UI2 thread.

The answer is to go under each user in the settings and change the home page to ui2.htm.

By doing this, you no longer have to type IP:81/ui2.htm to get UI2. It will automatically go to UI2 after the login.

Previously, if you specified UI2 in your URL, logged in, and then logged out, it would default back to jpegpull.htm or default.htm when you log back in.