Change e-mail notification settings remotely for Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I picked up a Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP and I set up the Hik-Connect app on my android, but it looks like it's just for viewing. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to remotely (and possibly quickly, like a one button press) enable e-mail notifications on all cameras all the time (not just when the schedule is set up). For instance, if I go away on holidays, I'd like to get alerted for all motion on all cameras at all times, but in order to do that now (AFAIK), I would have to go to each camera, change the schedule to 24/7 for events. I would only be able to do this on the NVR, or web interface on my local network (NVR web interface not exposed to net).

Anyone have any ideas? Other apps, or "creative" alternative solutions?

Many thanks!

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What I do is have the email alerts setup to send to a dedicated email address I only use for my NVR and to text my phone. I then “block this caller” using the email address named as NVR. That way I receive no texts from the NVR, but I can still view my emails when I want to. I do not have the email provide any alerts. When I go out of town, I unblock the NVR contact so I can receive texts and be alerted.

Hope this works for you.

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A dedicated PC running this: Blue Iris - Video Security Software can do what you want with it's remote app.
I was originally using BlueIris and it seemed to work well, but I was running it on my home server (before I knew it needed it's own dedicated system) and just chewed up resources. I don't have the cash or room for another dedicated PC, so I found a used NVR which I thought would do the same thing. It's fairly limited, but I'm hoping with the right tweaking, I can get it to meet my basic requirements.

What I do is have the email alerts setup to send to a dedicated email address I only use for my NVR and to text my phone. I then “block this caller” using the email address named as NVR. That way I receive no texts from the NVR, but I can still view my emails when I want to. I do not have the email provide any alerts. When I go out of town, I unblock the NVR contact so I can receive texts and be alerted.
Hope this works for you.
That does sound cool, but I don't think the NVR I have can send texts. I don't see any settings for SMS, so it looks like I'm limited to just e-mails. I suppose I could do a similar setup where I just spamblock all of the e-mails from the NVR, then just unblock it when I want to get e-mail alerts? I should play with that, but I was hoping there was a more elegant solution. I saw a "Vactation" form on the NVR when logged in directly, but I have no idea what effect it has on alerts/recording and it can't be edited via mobile, so I don't think that's the route to take.

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm able to e-mail texts to my phone through my e-mail client, but I don't get anything from the NVR to my phone/text e-mail address. I guess I'll just have to manually enable each camera before I leave the house. That's a pain.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Who is your cellular provider? I am using ATT and works everytime

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm in Canada on Freedom. Interesting thing is that I get texts when I enter the wrong password (illegal login). So I'm thinking that it has to do with the length of the e-mail generated when there's an event. I did some searching and it doesn't look like these can be edited so I think I still may be stuck.

Deadeye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah you can! I just found the setting. Now if I could just get the NVR to notify for alerts....