Change profile on digital input

rrroonn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to BI and setting up a CCTV system to work in conjunction with a security alarm system.

I would like to be able to have BI change its monitoring/recording based on the state of the security alarm:

Unarmed: maybe some simple monitoring
Home (partially armed): some cameras will be monitored and recorded
Away (fully armed): all camera will be monitored and recorded

It appears that I can change traffic lights based on a digital input, but that is a bit coarse for my requirement.
I also see that I can trigger cameras based on DIO, which is great as I can link cameras to zones if I want. However, really I'd like a DIO bit that "arms" or enabled a camera based on DIO.

Does anyone have an idea how I can do this or is it not possible? I did not see a related thread on this issue.

Thanks for your attention,

Ron

I am a retired engineering manager living on a few acres north of Brisbane, Australia. I have set myself the project of monitoring/alarming the property to allow us to be away for periods of time and still have access to the home via Internet. The main components are:
* Blue Iris + a number of 4MP Hikvision EXIR cameras
* Brand X Alarm System with Internet connectivity (alarms, some control)
* Arduino based remote control and Alarm/CCTV integration (more control)
* Remote access system

(My IT security background forces me to be a bit vague in places, sorry ;-)

wacker

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you found out if this was possible in any way? I would like to do the same.

rrroonn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi wacker, I ended up using an Arduino that monitors the outputs of the alarm system and uses the BI JSON interface to synchronise states. This is a bit more flexible than the straight DIO concept, but requires a bit more work.