change serial number in hikvision DS 72xx HGHI F1/N

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here but I've been working for years with camera and DVR repairs. I have received many dvr with bricked firmware and the only solution I have is to copy firmware from another dvr but the serial number cannot be equal to not affect the functioning of the cloud. In older models like HGHI-SH it was possible to edit the serial number on the CH341A programmer but it is no longer possible on HGHI F1 and K1 models. Is it possible to change with putty? Thanks in advance.

rapsodi1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I reply years later. but i need the same thing. Can I change the serial numbers of Hikvision devices via putty?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here but I've been working for years with camera and DVR repairs. I have received many dvr with bricked firmware and the only solution I have is to copy firmware from another dvr but the serial number cannot be equal to not affect the functioning of the cloud. In older models like HGHI-SH it was possible to edit the serial number on the CH341A programmer but it is no longer possible on HGHI F1 and K1 models. Is it possible to change with putty? Thanks in advance.
I reply years later. but i need the same thing. Can I change the serial numbers of Hikvision devices via putty?
Can u teach mr how to edit.. I have same problem..

Gasan

n3wb
Reaction score
Здравствуйте, у меня есть 2 дампа от регистраторов DS-H216QA, нашел фрагмент, где хранится MAC адрес и серийный номер, они зашифрованы. Есть ли способ расшифровать, а затем изменить MAC и серийный номер для других регистраторов?

Gasan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have 2 dumps from the DS-H216QA registrars, I found a fragment where the MAC address and serial number are stored, they are encrypted. Is there any way to decrypt and then change the MAC and serial number for other registrars?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Здравствуйте, у меня есть 2 дампа от регистраторов DS-H216QA, нашел фрагмент, где хранится MAC адрес и серийный номер, они зашифрованы. Есть ли способ расшифровать, а затем изменить MAC и серийный номер для других регистраторов?
Зачем расшифровывать, если можно полностью блоком перенести из родного дампа, но битого, в рабочий, но с другими данными взамен.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have original dump from your device?
Official tech support can restore original SERIAL

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's crypted block.
If you have original dump, but device is (firmware) is broken and you try recover, so you need cut&paste some block from original & good dump to create final dump

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have many divices, so it path to officials..
They can rebuild & set original serial to divice.
Other way is only have original dump from device & work dump for device.
Use other numbers or clone it one or more time - it's not good practice...

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bricked a DS-7608NI-I2 during a firmware update. I found another working DS-7608NI-I2 and copied the firmware using a TL866II programmer. Unfortunately, both NVR's now have the same serial number.
I made a copy of the original bricked firmware so I should be able to copy the encrypted serial number from the bricked firmware to the good firmware.
What is the hex address and range of the encrypted serial number?

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I performed a couple of comparisons.

Difference between firmware versions 4.5 and 4.61 on the same board with the same serial numbers.
000901CB
(459 bytes)

Difference between same firmware on different boards with different serial numbers
0008F000
0008F201
(513 bytes)
000901CB
(459 bytes)
000A0020
000A003F
(31 bytes)

I was able to get the bricked NVR working. Apparently, the DS-7608NI-I2/8P needs to be reset to factory defaults before applying the 4.61 firmware update. Therefore, I did the following to fix it:
1. Make backup copy of firmware from bricked NVR (stuck in reboot loop).
2. Copy firmware from a good NVR (same model).
3. Program firmware from the good NVR to the bricked NVR. NVR is no longer bricked but it has the wrong serial number, MAC, etc.
4. Reset NVR to factor defaults.
5. Program original backup copy of firmware back to NVR. The NVR is now working and has the correct serial number, MAC, etc.

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try accessing the serial console to clear the inconsistent configuration?
No, that sounds like it would be easier for most people assuming they have the correct TTL adapter and cabling.

Which header J3 or J8 on the motherboard is the UART?
Looks like pin 1 on both headers is the ground and pin 4 is 3.3V, but which pins are TX and RX?
Is the female header on the board proprietary or is it a JST variant?
Will any USB to 3.3V TTL adapter work?
What is the serial baud rate and connection parameters?
UART Headers.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The header is a 1.5mm 4-pin JST ZH connector.
The console operates at 115,200 baud 8N1
The TX can be found by connecting just the adaptor RX and inspecting for data.
I don't recall which header is which.
From what I remember, one is r/o and the other is r/w.