Change static IP

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two older Wired IP cameras unknown brand. ( see picture).. they have static ip adresses starting with 10.0.0.x. how can I change to 192.168.10.x

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
How is it assigned now? Via the router/MAC address or was it typed into the actual camera GUI?

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
How is it assigned now? Via the router/MAC address or was it typed into the actual camera GUI?
Problem is I don't remember how its done.. Marking on the camera indicates that the default IP adress is 192.168.1.126.. but several years ago I have managed to change the IP to 10.0.0.126. And now I have no idea how that happend. If I change the IP adress on my computer to 10.0.0.1 I can log on to the camera but here is no setting option for changing the IP.. ony settings are for resolution, indoor/outdoor and zoom

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Log into your router and see if you setup a static IP reservation for that camera via the MAC address. That's where it should always be done nowadays anyway. Its too cumbersome to set static IPs on actual devices when it can all be handled at the router.

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah. Thats another problem the router i got now is controlled by the broadband operator and by loging on I can only change the WIFI name and pasword.. 15 years ago when the cameras was in use I had another router and another net operator. It has to be som hidden menu or a telnet option.. I was kind of hoping that someone had the same camera.... aaaargh this is driving me crazy

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if the cameras are 15 years old, they are garbage by todays standards. Put them in the recycle bin. I do not think 15 yo cameras had a web interface, they more than likely had a custom application. Do not waste your time.

elliottwe

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are desperate, try the arp command (search google for how to use arp for change IP address). I haven't done it since the 1990's, so don't ask me for details. Your cameras may have the ability disabled.

I would buy new cameras.

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
if the cameras are 15 years old, they are garbage by todays standards. Put them in the recycle bin. I do not think 15 yo cameras had a web interface, they more than likely had a custom application. Do not waste your time.
Yes, it has a built in webserver, and yes they are garbage according to todays standard with 654x480 as max resulution. But hey can still be used :)

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it has a built in webserver, and yes they are garbage according to todays standard with 654x480 as max resulution. But hey can still be used :)
Can only be used if you get access to them :)

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
Your isp should still allow you to login to the router. If they don’t, the give that back and buy your own.
Theh actually say if I need more settimgs/options. Set the router in bridge mode and buy your own

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
Can only be used if you get access to them :)
I
If you are desperate, try the arp command (search google for how to use arp for change IP address). I haven't done it since the 1990's, so don't ask me for details. Your cameras may have the ability disabled.

I would buy new cameras.

I would buy new cameras.
It's not that I need the cameras. I could buy new ones.. I just need to know.. its lik the X files. Just neeeeed too knoow

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It doesn’t make sense that the camera has ”markings” that show it has a factory default ip address, yet, when you log in there are no settings available to change the IP information. If it comes with a default IP address then that automatically implies it comes factory configured as static. So it can’t grab a DHCP address this way because it never asks for an address when set to static. So my guess is you didn’t use the router to give it an IP address reservation because it can’t ask for one since it’s factory set for static.

There must have been a utility you used to configure the camera directly that could change the IP settings.

ThorIII

n3wb
Reaction score
It doesn’t make sense that the camera has ”markings” that show it has a factory default ip address, yet, when you log in there are no settings available to change the IP information. If it comes with a default IP address then that automatically implies it comes factory configured as static. So it can’t grab a DHCP address this way because it never asks for an address when set to static.

There must have been a utility you used to configure the camera directly that could change the IP settings.
Yes possibly, hoping someone has the same cam could tell.. attached label on the cam

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone here with a 15 year old camera? Hmm.. Well I wish you luck :)