Changed HTTP port no way to use camera

mdesi1

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bought a boa vision camera (No reset button!). I changed the HTTP port from 80 to 8000. Now it is impossible to access to the camera.I've used many different ports without success . I used IE or other browser. I did a scan of the port and 8000 is for iddmi/shoutcast server.
I need help!
michele

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like an industrial automation camera.
Normally when someone has lost control of a camera via a browser I'd suggest trying the very good Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net where by using ONVIF dialogues it's sometimes possible to see and change the network settings, independent of a browser HTTP access.
But I suspect in this case, ONVIF just doesn't figure.
So my next suggestion would be to contact the manufacturer and ask them if they can supply a CGI string or equivalent that would perform a factory reset.

mdesi1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. By onvif I could change port and now everything is working
Michele

mdesi1

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know any Micic app for Android? May I use onvif through a send server (moto.com). Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent! Glad you got it back working.

Do you know any Micic app for Android? May I use onvif through a send server (moto.com). Thanks
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that app.

mdesi1

n3wb
Reaction score
Excuse me but my keyboard changed my words! I wrote:
"Do you know any ONVIF app for Android? May I use onvif with a Ddns server? (NOIP.com). "'Thanks
Michele

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well makes more sense than the original, it had me puzzled!

There are multiple viewer apps for Android, which usually come with a fixed list of supported cameras, and usually some way of adding an unsupported camera via a generic method such as an RTSP string, HTTP method - and ONVIF.
Google will list loads of them for you.
One such app, which has a huge range of built-in models, and various generic methods including ONVIF, is 'IPcam Viewer' by Robert Chou. Well known, popular, works well, I've used it for quite a while.

On your second question - you could consider the ONVIF support of the camera simply as a means of knowing a lot about the camera by querying it with 'ONVIF Device Manager'.
You can then use that information to configure connections to the camera.
For example, the RTSP string can be found in the URI at the bottom of the Live Video page. This provides IP address, port and the profile string.

mdesi1

n3wb
Reaction score
Well makes more sense than the original, it had me puzzled!There are multiple viewer apps for Android, which usually come with a fixed list of supported cameras, and usually some way of adding an unsupported camera via a generic method such as an RTSP string, HTTP method - and ONVIF.Google will list loads of them for you.One such app, which has a huge range of built-in models, and various generic methods including ONVIF, is 'IPcam Viewer' by Robert Chou. Well known, popular, works well, I've used it for quite a while.On your second question - you could consider the ONVIF support of the camera simply as a means of knowing a lot about the camera by querying it with 'ONVIF Device Manager'.You can then use that information to configure connections to the camera.For example, the RTSP string can be found in the URI at the bottom of the Live Video page. This provides IP address, port and the profile string.
Thanks a lotMichele