changing cameras might use dahau

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
As the title says I'm looking to change out my cameras. i have 5 now all of them are hikvision. the night vision is not good. after reading around here dahua has some good reviews.
I want to start with one camera and change them all out about one a month.

the first camera needs to have poe, ptz, outdoor, good night vision, sound, and zoom. if it has more features thats ok. i did see one discussed here that is picked up at alibaba, but its in pal not ntsc. does that matter?

Thanks for any advice.
Dahua's web sites are overwhelming, also im in canada and buying duhua here seems like a challenge.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
PAL or NTSC doesn't matter. These are digital cameras, digital signals, and either will work fine. Read the Cliff Notes in the WiKi at the top of the page, blue title bar. You can order from Andy, Empire Tech, and get excellent, fast, service, talk with a Dahua expert (Andy) and get cameras that are not hacked firmware versions of the real thing. His email address is in the Cliff Notes. They're OEM and real Dahua with all the advertised features and firmware that can be upgraded.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
As the title says I'm looking to change out my cameras. i have 5 now all of them are hikvision. the night vision is not good. after reading around here dahua has some good reviews.
I want to start with one camera and change them all out about one a month.

the first camera needs to have poe, ptz, outdoor, good night vision, sound, and zoom. if it has more features thats ok. i did see one discussed here that is picked up at alibaba, but its in pal not ntsc. does that matter?

Thanks for any advice.
Dahua's web sites are overwhelming, also im in canada and buying duhua here seems like a challenge.
Hi @HackitZ

Remember to check out the reviews by members, that will help you narrow down some good options for cameras.

If you are using something like Blue Iris you can mix the camera models, so you can add / change out / redeploy your cameras as you need.

Also remember to be cautious with random vendors on Ali, Ebay, Amazon, .. I've seen a lot of misleading ads and vendors on those sites. So only go with vendors members here have vetted and recommend.

HackitZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Think I'll go with this one (IPC-HDW5831R-ZE)for fixed camera with varifocal lens. images look great.
Just waiting to here from andy on what he thinks is good for ptz. been searching and reading all day. i need a break. lol.
TNX again for the advice.