Channel-zero problem

Faresoyam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I enabled channel-zero in the DVR but it won't show up on the hik-connect app the connection type is hik-connect domain when i set it ip/domain (locally) i can see the channel-zero but i want to see it on the hik-connect domain connection because i don't have fix ip and i don't want to pay for a dns

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hik Connect does not support channel zero when the connection type is hik-connect domain. Apart from not needing a static IP or a paid DNS address, one of the benefits of the Hik-connect connection is that the bandwidth is managed negating the need for channel zero. When connecting via hik-connect you will get the option of Basic and HD, managed by the service. When connecting by IP/domain you are connecting directly to the DVR and you get the choice of Fluent (sub stream) or Clear (main stream). You just use Hik-connect as connection type and view all your cameras in a multi screen format.

Faresoyam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks you. but, i can't do that because I have 10 cameras and when i want to watch all of them in the same time most of them get stuck and don't move. I don't have enough upload speed 3mbps is not enough for 10 cameras right?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks you. but, i can't do that because I have 10 cameras and when i want to watch all of them in the same time most of them get stuck and don't move. I don't have enough upload speed 3mbps is not enough for 10 cameras right?
OK. Ignore what I originally said, I've just checked on my system and I was incorrect. My bad.

1. If you set the connect type as IP/Domain and channel zero is configured on the DVR it will be available
2. If you set the connect type as Hik Connect and channel zero is configured on the DVR it will not be available **UNLESS**
3. You can enable channel zero in the Hik Connect app settings and then it will be available for Hik Connect connection type.

In the app go to More > Settings >Display Channel-Zero and switch it on. Be sure to configure your channel zero settings in the DVR to suit as it's set to full frame rate as standard and this might not offer the best performance for your connection.

You learn something new every day :)IMG_2415.PNGIMG_2415.PNGIMG_2415.PNG

Faresoyam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. but, i have set channel zero to appear before i uncheck it and check it again and still channel zero hidden.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. but, i have set channel zero to appear before i uncheck it and check it again and still channel zero hidden.
Strange - mine was disabled by default on the app and disabled on the NVR. When enabled on the NVR it was visible on the app as you described (only available on IP/Domain) then became available using Hik Connect connection method once switched on, so it does work. May just be a glitch. Reboot DVR, log out and login to Hik Connect service in the app and check your Channel Zero settings in the DVR. Channel Zero stream mimics the local monitor output of the DVR I believe.

Faresoyam

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to uncheck it and check it again but just the ip/domain zero Channel appear and disappear