Cheap Alt for Sricam SP013

jboehm

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep I know the Sricam SP013 is junk, but the $31 ebay price is so darn tempting.

I like:
* price
* 720p box spec (res only worked in the dumb app, but there the picture quality is fine, when it works)
* night vision
* Outdoor
* wifi

Don't like:
* Open hole in my network to china
* horrible app
* can't get 720p via rtsp

I just wanted a simple/cheap outside cam that I could have the Linux app "Motion" control. Anyone have an alternate suggestion at a similar price point? I'm not interested $$ or $$$. This is just something to play with.

Thanks

jboehm

n3wb
Reaction score
Bump... No one has advise??? How about setting iptables (firewall) rules to block Sricam app?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bump... No one has advise??? How about setting iptables (firewall) rules to block Sricam app?
You got what you paid for...you will not find a good camera for 31 dollars .. start saving up...

jboehm

n3wb
Reaction score
You got what you paid for...you will not find a good camera for 31 dollars .. start saving up...

And what should I saving up for? The question was what is the what is the cheapest cam that isn't junk?

jboehm

n3wb
Reaction score
hikvision cube cameras appears to be Indoor only and $110 :-o There is nothing lower end than that? What suck is that the Sricam has too many features. It would be fine if it had no app at all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hikvision cube cameras appears to be Indoor only and $110 :-o There is nothing lower end than that? What suck is that the Sricam has too many features. It would be fine if it had no app at all.
The sricam is garbage, junk...it has no features because its worthless.
If you need an outdoor camera, and only need 720p, find a dahua 720p or 1080p camera..dont use wifi, it will drop....if you insist ANY camera can be made wifi using a cheap wifi bridge or use powerline adapters.