Cheap easy to use reliable home CCTV cameras for phones

Reaction score
Need advice on a CCTV IP cam that will connect to a phone (not commercial like dahua and uniview and all that) something that doesn't require Ethernet. Preferably something that's easy to set up and doesn't take long to set up. Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's certainly an open-ended request, similar to 'how long is a piece of string?'.
It's beating quite a few previous contenders.
Seriously - if you want helpful answers, unlike this one, do lay out a few requirement specifics.

Reaction score
Well, that's certainly an open-ended request, similar to 'how long is a piece of string?'.
It's beating quite a few previous contenders.
Seriously - if you want helpful answers, unlike this one, do lay out a few requirement specifics.
Okay, I want it to connect to the internet wireless for access on cellphones via app, 2MP is fine, needs to be able to send a notification to a cellphone in the event of a break in or security breach. I found something that does a good job at everything I mentioned but it sometimes refuses to connect during setup.. Its the Neptune CEPCAM01

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I want it to connect to the internet wireless for access on cellphones via app, 2MP is fine, needs to be able to send a notification to a cellphone in the event of a break in or security breach. I found something that does a good job at everything I mentioned but it sometimes refuses to connect during setup.. Its the Neptune CEPCAM01
those are garbage cameras sold under several brand names...you cannot and will not find cheap and reliable cameras...intend to pay more than 30 dollars.