Cheap IR light barriers?

MrGlasspoole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since there i s place to get good cams for a good price, i wonder if there is some for things like IR light barriers.

Somebody has experience with some of these:
US $10.0 |LPSECUIRTY Dual Beam Sensor Active Infrared Intrusion Detector IR 30m~150m Outdoor Perimeter Wall Barrier Fence for GSM alarm-in Sensor & Detector from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

US $47.9 |LPSECURITY 100m to 250m Intrusion Alarm Infrared Detector Burglar Alarm Photoelectric 3 Beam Perimeter Fence Window Outdoor-in Alarm System Kits from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

US $69.9 |4Beam Photoelectric Active Infrared Sensor Intrude Perimeter Detector Home Safety Window Wall Barrier Fence Outdoor Motion Alarm-in Sensor & Detector from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

US $25.9 |LPSECURITY 120cm Perimeter Security Gate Doorway Fence Alarm Photoelectric 6 beams 10m 20m 40m 60m 100m Detector-in Alarm System Kits from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I was looking first at some Bosch:
ISC-FPB1-W30DS Dual beam detector, 1-ch, 30/60m

In the US you can get them for ~$70. Even Walmart has them. But here in Germany its hart to get stuff like this and they cost $150.

I ordered some IR Receivers and Emitters for a DIY. Only Problem is getting lenses.
I thing the beams are to close.
They write on the 4 beam devices they are more resistant against birds. But i don't see that when the beams are so close. On a fence or garden wall I believe they should be spaced 6 inch and only two active at the same time (alternating).

What about in front of the house where is no fence. I think you have to mount them high because great Dane's are big :D