Check Cashing Store System - Audio Needed

Reaction score
Long time listener, First time caller here.

I've read this forum off and on for several years - it is what assisted me in setting up my first IP system a few years ago in our home. It is HIK equipment and I'm thrilled with it still to this day.

Last year I purchased a small check cashing store. It has 12 analog video/audio security cameras that are starting to fade and I would like to have them replaced with newer IP technology. I've spent the last week reading threads here and can't seem to locate specifics for what I am looking for.

Before anyone says anything about the legality please know that I am in full compliance with state and federal laws for recording BOTH video and audio in this location, so please, unlike other threads, don't go down this black hole discussion as that is not what I am here for.

I am looking for an IP system - preferable NVR with POE built in and 12 cameras. I would like a mixture of Turret, Dome, and possibly one fish eye that have internal mic's and that the NVR will record the audio on each camera with its mic. I understand the limitations of each type of camera so I'm not looking for what lens/zoom to use, etc, I just need to know some examples of cameras with built in mic's and NVR's that will record BOTH the video/audio stream of each camera.

As I've read data sheets and spec sheets I'm confused. HIK and LTS IP NVR hardware seems to say they only have 1 audio support for example. The Dahua starlight cameras seem to say they have built in Mics which is awesome, but Dahua NVR's don't seem to say if they support independent channel audio/video recordings.

So, can someone recommend an NVR with upto 16 POE channels that will simply and easily allow for upto 12 IP Cameras to be connected with internal mics and will easily record both Audio/Video feeds to the NVR.

Thank you in Advance - this forum is amazing and I wish I could contribute more, but sadly, I'm just a simple lurker that has been here in the background appreciating and using the great knowledge that is shared here.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If a camera has audio and it's enabled, the NVR will record it. NVRs also typically have audio inputs directly on the back.

Reaction score
@tangent - Thanks

My HIK hardware doesn't though, so maybe it's an issue with that... The mini HIK domes in my garage have mic built in. If I log into the directly I can hear the audio and it's also recorded to the SD card, however, my NVR does not record it, nor can I hear it when watching that camera live, or replaying that channel.

So, what you are saying though, is if I get a Dahua 16 channel POE NVR and some starlight cameras with mic I shouldn't have any problem with audio/video recording across all channels? I'm aware NVR's normally have "audio inputs" but they are normally only 1 or 2 and they require external mic's - what I don't want to do.

hopjeremy

n3wb
Reaction score
@tangent - Thanks

My HIK hardware doesn't though, so maybe it's an issue with that... The mini HIK domes in my garage have mic built in. If I log into the directly I can hear the audio and it's also recorded to the SD card, however, my NVR does not record it, nor can I hear it when watching that camera live, or replaying that channel.

So, what you are saying though, is if I get a Dahua 16 channel POE NVR and some starlight cameras with mic I shouldn't have any problem with audio/video recording across all channels? I'm aware NVR's normally have "audio inputs" but they are normally only 1 or 2 and they require external mic's - what I don't want to do.
I put a hik vision system in at a pawn shop. I have three cams with built in audio. Records to the NVR as well. Search for hik vision cameras with built in mic. The mobile app allows you to listen live by selecting IPCAM instead of NVR as an audio source. Works like a charm!

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@tangent - Thanks

What @tangent said.
go here to choose your cams.
www.dahuasecurity.com

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score