Chinese 2032F originally 5.3.0, no SADP, now 5.2.5, loses IP on reboot

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a used DS-2CD2032F-I off that big auction site that wouldn't show up in SADP.

camera body has Chinese letters under the Hikvision logo and on sticker, which indicates original version 5.3.0-150513.

Packet capture showed it trying to reach 192.0.0.128, so I tftp'd @whoslooking's hacked 5.2.5 from the first post at:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

Now it appears in SADP, and I can give it an IP address and browse to that new address and the cam works, except:
1) the UI is all in Chinese with no option to change language on the login screen
2) power cycling the cam causes it to lose the IP assigned in SADP and revert to 192.0.0.64 (cam works at that address)

Full SN: DS-2CD2032F-I20151112CCCH553770420
Mac address is not the usual Hik c4-2f-90-xx-xx-xx, but starts with 28-57-be, which makes me wonder if it's been 'tweaked' already...

Should I try the 'mtd hack' at
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3474-Hikvision-5-2-5-amp-5-2-8-Full-English-(INC-DAYS-OF-WEEK)-mtd-Hack ?

Or is the fact that it doesn't remember its set IP when power-cycled indicate a more serious firmware or hardware problem?...

TIA for any tips that may help me get this thing stabilized and preferably English-ified.
(I'd even settle for a fully Chinese cam that keeps it's IP, as I didn't pay much for it and I use BI for NVR...)

cheers, Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Paul, all sounds totally normal apart from your IP not sticking as it should change to what ever you set it to after the firmware update.
Yes now you need to do the mtd hack to get to English.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Did the mtd hack and now i have a 5.2.5 bullet in English, but it's still losing it's IP (and all other non-default config settings, including password) when I reboot it.

ONLY thing it maintains across reboot (that i can tell) is the current time (but not NTP or TZ settings).

Is there an error log I can look at on the cam (via telnet) that might help diagnose this?

thanx. Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Ooooh! i wonder if the 'reset' button is stuck!?

now where are my metric hex keys? (this an F-I, with the reset button under the Sd card access port...)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, that was it. Problem found and corrected.

One side of the metal 'chassis' part of the reset switch had been bent on installation such that it was touching one of
the connecting solder points. A multi-meter set to test continuity showed a short even when not holding the button. A little bend with some needle-nose pliers and 'voila!', the cam now keeps it's settings.

Sweet. That explains why someone dumped it cheap. It could never have worked, unless you just used it in it's factory state.

BTW, it takes a Torx driver to open the little SD-card/reset switch compartment, not an allen hex key.
Now to put it all back together. Maybe I'll do another 25mm lens swap while I've got it apart...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet. That explains why someone dumped it cheap. It could never have worked, unless you just used it in it's factory state.
Brilliant! I wonder if it was from another member who had that same problem and decided to get rid of it ...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I doubt it was from anyone here, as the seller is an industrial reseller of busted/shelf-pull/returned items.
I prefer to think that any ipcamtalk member unloading such a thing would have disclosed the issue... :)

This one was clearly returned as defective. My record on getting these to work
(so far, over a dozen 3mp hik's & dahua's) has been 100%, thanx to the info available here.
They've had various issues, from none to this...