Chinese Camera Issues

Reaction score
Hi

I am kind of new to IP cameras. I have three connected and running but I have a few issues that maybe you can help with.

The camera is a 00006531 IPC_HI3518E_53H13_S38 Hisilicon Chip.

I am getting email alerts, but the region setting is blank. I really would like to use the region wetting to only monitor certain areas and stop all the extra emails I'm getting.

I click DeviceCfg, go to Setting - Alarm - Video Motion, enabled is checked, I click Region and just get a blank window with a blue box in the corner labeled Select and a Cancel and OK button.

Is there a better firmware then this Chinese stuff I can use or another way to set this setting?

I can't seem to get the FTP to work either but thats another post.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome zaviermadillo,

I am not familiar with that particular camera, I did notice the following page which maybe useful w/re to firmware:
IPC 53H13PE-S Board Camera Mod's

Seeing that you are new to IP cameras I wanted to share the following with you

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I click Region and just get a blank window with a blue box in the corner labeled Select and a Cancel and OK button.
Normally you'd drag with the mouse (ie position the mouse pointer, left click and keeping it pressed move the pointer) to define the required region.
Is that something you tried?

Reaction score
I understand I should be able to drag an area to select, but there is no image from the camera feed to select. Also there is no way to select anything.

Capture