Chinese DS-7104HGH-F1/N to English

Reaction score
Hello.
I bought this DVR directly from Hikvision(China). I want to convert in English one but still no success.
What i tried:
1. Install Chinese firmware(modified with Hiktools) From GUI, Software, HTTP. -Refused
2. Install European firmware From GUI, Software, HTTP. -Refused
3. TFTP server not work with new devices
Best attempt was with UART connection. (from here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2666-UART-connection-to-recover-Hik-cameras)
1. Stopped loader with ctrl+u
2. Choosed ip of device and update TFTP server
3. Update file was successfully downloaded
4. After I got mistake "update packet mismatch"

Any ideas in which way I should move?

PS Sorry for broken English:D

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You know this is ipcamtalk and that's an analog DVR not an IP camera or an NVR?

If you use the search you will see that no-one has been able to turn into English. I don't even think there is an English version of this DVR for sale.

Reaction score
I think it mostly question about Hikvision protection. And it is absolutely same in IP cameras and DVR. Yes this device also exist on international market. Problems is not to find firmware. problem is find a way to install it

Reaction score
Can you find way to change language? I have the same DVR bought from China and was installed firmware with Multilang. Its work fine but accidently i kill it with update. Then with UART connection and many hours i was to recovered with Chinese Firmware and now work with chinese language which i do not know :). I need to change language but no success with firmware mod tool for hikvision. When i change lang and try to update - "update packet mismatch" and bla bla....

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you should spend a little more for the English version at the first place. save a lot of headache.

spspider

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the official answer from Hikivision:
Dear customer
The unit you have is likely a Chinese version. This unit cannot be upgraded to English firmware. That is a factory process which Hikvision cannot do.
If you purchased on Aliexpress or Amazon or ebay or other unauthorized source, you need to go back to your point of purchase for support.
The serial number of the device has a CH, it is a Chinese Version, sold into China for the domestic China market.
Please advise on where you bought it and provide the serial number of the units. Hikvision is taking action where necessary to protect the Hikvision brand and all Hikvision customers from this type of activity.
Thank you.
BTW, Please purchase our products via our legal distributors next time, thank you.