Chinese Hikvision Camera's

Reaction score
I have browsed through the threads in this forum but don't see really anything that suggests if I was to buy camera's from China which ones should I get that would be supported in North America?

I just came back from China from and did some looking on Taobao and at Electronics City in Beijing and there seems to be a bit of a difference between the camera's Hikvision offers now in China than what is being offered in North America which leads me to suspect the camera's in China are 6 months to a year ahead of NA, true?

I have friend in China who comes to visit us in the summer time, I was thinking of getting them to order stuff on taobao and bring with them. I know a full 4 camera 1080P with NVR POE 4Port from Hikvision is about 1200 to 1300 Chinese Yen, about $240 CAD.

Was looking at getting DS-2CD3T45-I3. I have seen them as low as 285CYN.

Thanks and advanced.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know about the support, but I do have a comment about the specific camera, as I tried a DS-2CD3T45-I5 about 6 months ago. It came with the "don't update the firmware" warning, so I assume it's a chinese market camera hacked to english. About the camera itself, I was comparing it against a pair of USA EXIR cameras. You are correct, that feature-wise, it's ahead. I was highly disappointed in the image quality. The daytime image was passable, but the night image with IR lighting was to me unacceptable. It's the only camera I have that's just sitting there unused. On the other hand, I found chinese market Dahua cameras that have good image quality and have adopted them as my main camera. My observation may or may not apply to other camera models, so I can't make a blanket statement.

Reaction score
I don't know about the support, but I do have a comment about the specific camera, as I tried a DS-2CD3T45-I5 about 6 months ago. It came with the "don't update the firmware" warning, so I assume it's a chinese market camera hacked to english. About the camera itself, I was comparing it against a pair of USA EXIR cameras. You are correct, that feature-wise, it's ahead. I was highly disappointed in the image quality. The daytime image was passable, but the night image with IR lighting was to me unacceptable. It's the only camera I have that's just sitting there unused. On the other hand, I found chinese market Dahua cameras that have good image quality and have adopted them as my main camera. My observation may or may not apply to other camera models, so I can't make a blanket statement.
Well I saw either the I5 or I3's of the DS-2CD3T45's in action at Electronics City in Beijing and was very impressed with the quality. I think they had them at 2.8mm the ones they were selling. I also saw a lot of stores using the Hikvision
DS-2CD3345-I or the 1.3 MP camera's. They too were very clear. Pretty must all the stores have their NVR's setup at the front of the store so you can see the camera and NVR operating in real-time.

TheSniper

n3wb
Reaction score

Curious what cameras are you running (models pls) and when you say HIK VS Dahua can you be more specific. Thanks!

Reaction score
Clearly you have never been to China before. The camera's they sell at the Electronic Cities are from HiK Vision of China. Which tend to be a generation or two newer than the North American HiK Vision camera's. Granted there are some knock offs but due to the laws in China dealers are no longer permitted to sell knock off items to the locals or tourists or risk being killed by firing squad. I been going to China one to two times a year over the past 5 years. When I first went you could get anything as a knock off but now it impossible to find these places anymore because the Chinese government has closed them down.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Clearly you have never been to China before. The camera's they sell at the Electronic Cities are from HiK Vision of China. Which tend to be a generation or two newer than the North American HiK Vision camera's. Granted there are some knock offs but due to the laws in China dealers are no longer permitted to sell knock off items to the locals or tourists or risk being killed by firing squad. I been going to China one to two times a year over the past 5 years. When I first went you could get anything as a knock off but now it impossible to find these places anymore because the Chinese government has closed them down.
Well considering a lot of us buy from vendors in hong kong, I highly doubt they are selling newer cameras in china and not to us over seas. Everyone will tell you the china region cams from hikvision and dahua are plastic, cheaply made, compared to the much better international versions. You are right though, I've never been to China. I find it amusing though that they have cracked down on their own people selling knock offs there, because I highly doubt they have tried to crack down on their own companies selling knockoffs to everyone else on the face of the earth lol. Feel free to prove me wrong though with links to actual cameras and not just, but I saw this when I was in China.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Curious what cameras are you running (models pls) and when you say HIK VS Dahua can you be more specific. Thanks!
The only chinese Hikvision camera I tried was the DS-2CD3T45-I5. I started out with a couple of LTS EXIR cameras and was looking for a lower cost alternative. Compared to the LTS cameras, the DS-2CD3T45-I5 has more features, but the LTS cameras have a significantly better image, especially with IR lighting. I then tried the chinese Dahua IPC-HFW4431M-I2, about the same price as the DS-2CD3T45-I5, with features beating the DS-2CD3T45-I5 by a bit, and a somewhat higher quality image than the LTS cameras. Of the three, easily the best choice for me, and I'm using this as my main camera model. I also have one IPC-HFW4431K-I6, equal in features and image to the IPC-HFW4431M with more IR and a larger case. Finally, I have one of the 2MP international bullets discussed on the forum, the IPC-HFW5231EN-Z varifocal zoom. It's really good, and clearly more physically robust than the chinese market cameras. It also costs double what the IPC-HFW4431M costs. While I'm singing the praises of the IPC-HFW4431M I realize others don't think so highly of it, so it's another ymmv situation.

Veasna Mut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all dear!
anyone has firmware for China IPC of DS-2CD3T45-I3, I had buy from a Chinese man when setup it was locked by password so how to reset it? pls help

Reaction score
Hello, I bump on surplus Ip camera near from our town,
Model: Ds-Ipc-t12-l, maybe you have firmware for this and what family this camera belongs to, R1,R2,R3 etc.

I will try to flash it using serial, using guide from older post, maybe i can remove password.

thank you so much for any feedback.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score