Chinese Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW keeps rebooting.

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

my Chinese Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW keeps rebooting.
It has English firmware V5.2.8 build 141231.
I already tried to downgrade it to V5.2.5 with the TFTPserver but I get no connection to the client.
How can I solve this problem?

Kind regards, Tony

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
my Chinese Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW keeps rebooting.
It has English firmware V5.2.8 build 141231.
Is it accessible from the internet?
For example, UPnP still enabled on the camera and also on your router?
If so - it's probably being messed with by the hackbots.

Suggestion :
Check for any inbound access using ShieldsUp! 'All service ports scan' or similar :

Any ports not stealthed is a risk.
Check the camera web GUI to see if UPnP is enabled, disable it, and do the same on your router.

Also you can convert your Chinese camera to EN and fully update the firmware to a better and more secure version.
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
It is accessible from the internet.
I want to fully update the camera but I can't get any connection with the TFTP server, see picture.
I can't find the problem, what could it be?

Attachments

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hikvision camera is connected on a wired connection to a switch and powered by 12v plug.
I have also disabled the Microsoft Defender Firewall

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I see that you have already done these things - I'd not read that post before I replied.

I want to fully update the camera but I can't get any connection with the TFTP server, see picture.
I can't find the problem, what could it be?
The tftp updater works best when the camera is powered by 12v as opposed to PoE.
And also when PC and camera are connected to a switch or router, as opposed to a direct connection or via WiFi.
And does the PC have any anti-virus that would block inbound access over the network?
Maybe also temporarily disable Windows firewall.

Good luck!

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hikvision camera is connected on a wired connection to a switch and powered by 12v plug.
I also tried another switch and another laptop (operating systems are Windows 10)
I have also disabled the Microsoft Defender Firewall and Windows default anti-virus.
Still no connection, what could I trie next?

Thanx in advance!

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I did get a popup the first time I ran tftpserve.exe
I also disabled the firewall

I also restored all parameters to default settings of the cam, after start up it gets the IP adress 169.254.96.138

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the problem is that the TFTP server can't find a connection because when I start the server and then plug in the power of the cam it takes about 2minutes behore I get an ip adres of the camera.

Where can I find a newer Chinese firmware so I can update the cam in the browser, hopefuly the rebooting problem gets solved and than I can try to unbrick it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the problem is that the TFTP server can't find a connection because when I start the server and then plug in the power of the cam it takes about 2minutes behore I get an ip adres of the camera.
2 minutes is about the normal time to fully boot.
Normally though you'd see the initial (bootloader) IP address of 192.0.0.64 within a few seconds of powering on.

As you can still get to the web GUI, as an alternative route into the brickfixV2 convert/update method you could use the web GUI Maintenance menu to apply the brickfixV2 firmware. There are both EN and CN header versions in the thread :
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

It is accessible from the internet.
Have you closed off this access now?
Was it due to UPnP being enabled on the camera and router?
If so - are the reboots no longer occurring?

TonyT38

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera keeps restarting even though I disabled UPnP on the camera and router. The camera gives a live view for 4 minutes and then hangs for 1 minute, this keeps repeating.

Attachments