Choppy audio and video caused by plug in TP-Link mains LAN

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This problem was sorted, my post is for information should anyone else experience something similar.

This morning both audio and video on my BI PC was choppy, audio sounded like a loose microphone lead, video choppy too. Cars passing the front of my house appeared freeze then to suddenly jump forward. It was alright yesterday, but I had been working in the loft where most of the network stuff is. After a process of elimination, checking Live View on different PCs, unplugging leads and back, I discovered the cause, the TP-Link AV2000 mains LAN.
In traditional fashion I switching it off then back on, it successfully paired again with the other AV2000 unit into which my BI PC is connected, all was back to normal. These AV200s have been otherwise OK for weeks but I must have disturbed the cables when I was cleaning around my NVR and switches. For some as yet unknown reasons I get dead woodlice around my NVR , I've no idea how they get there.

My thanks to Fenderman who in a related post on IPCT raised my awareness of a network's cabling being a possible cause of choppy video.

Last edited: