chrome doesn't show dahua live camera

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to use chrome with a Dahua ipcam because I want the browser translation from chinese.
I know the new chrome don't work with NPAPI plugins, so I installed an old one, version 42.
If I enter with the NPAPI plugin disabled I can enter with the credentials and I see the link to donwload the plugin: webplugin.exe, execute it but doesn't work.
BUT if I enable the NPAPI plugin in chrome://flags/#enable-npapi, I restart the browser and it doesn't enter with the login anymore!!
What should I do?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there anyone that use chrome browser to see live Dahua cam and change its settings?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, Firefox works, BUT it is in chinese... I tried google translator but it doesn't work on all the page, as it is a local page. The best I can do is translate every single word when I need, but also words inside menu can't be selected and translated...

Instead in chrome you get every chinese word substituted by the translated one: much better!

But I can't make it work the live video that could be useful for looking at video changes in realtime.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go into C: programs and delete your webrec file completely. Than try using IE and download all the new plug ins that it asks to install than.

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I deleted all the webrec folder, tried IE, downloaded the plugin, closed IE, executed the exe, restarted IE: it's logging but it asks again the plugin and live video doesn't work.
So, at the moment the only one working is FF.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you put the IP address in trusted site or try compatibility view?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I left IE that doesn't work also with trusted sites and so on.
I retried with chrome and I made it work: there was a menu with blocking plugin...
BUT, now it enters and visualize all, but there is no more the translation!! :mad-new: But why??
So, having the translation without live or live without the translation!!!
I will end up leaving the translation on and using firefox to check the live and changing settings in chinese... Not that great solution, but...
Lastly: is there someone that get both translation and live view?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I solved it: for this page there isn't the button on the address bar, it's needed to manually do it in the right button mouse menu.
Thank you.